What Trump said about Syria in 2013

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

2013:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now compare to his tweet this morning (including not knowing what a red line is):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I swear most times Trump tweets as if he’s pundit in chief, not president, not commander in chief. It’s as if he’s an onlooker ranting about the news of the day, not the most powerful person in the world. In 2013 he told Obama stay out of Syria. Today he knocking Obama for letting Syria cross his red line. Last week we were getting out of Syria, today a big price is going to be paid. Which is it Donald?

2. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

I'm increasingly convinced that Russia is using Syria to create political divide in the EU. They know that refugees are a polarising issue, and the more they create, the better, because it'll provoke political instability.

For instance, in the UK, who was receiving refugees, RT UK published articles about terrorists hidden among refugees. Whereas in Spain, who was very reticent to receiving them, RT Spain published articles about those poor refugees dying at sea.

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. What is Trump gonna do about it beside throwing a hissy fit on twitter though?

4. juanm, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Who knows. Let's just be grateful he doesn’t use snapchat.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If he did, we would definitely have concrete proof that his hands aren't as big as he claims them to be.

BL.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Last response was to destroy a fifth of Syria's air force.

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It is not a coincidence that Assad has chosen to get more aggressive and launched a chemical attack against his own people right after Trump made his off-the-cuff statement (totally opposed by his own military and diplomats) that the US was going to withdraw all troops from Syria. Our enemies know that the US is led by an inept clown and are taking advantage of him.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

That, and making Syria a long term puppet state. Its position and size makes it a great asset for the Union of Putins Soviet Republics.

That was the only time I've ever agreed with Trumps actions. It was worth a try, but clearly it didn't have much of an effect, so lets see if he can do a proper response this time or if he just settles for Twitter poop spewing as usual.

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

That 20% figure has never been confirmed and is likely grossly exaggerated. While Mattis said it was 20%, Tillerson said it was 20% of the 7th Wing of the Syrian Air Force (not 20% of the total air force), and the defense department only claimed 20 actual aircraft were destroyed (and independent analysts said it was far fewer).

10. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

And that did what exactly? The US needs to grow a pair and take out Assad.

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Then what?

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Just another reminder it's one thing to be president, it's another thing to bash the president for some attention.

13. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

What good is Assad? It’s not like he’s preventing a greater tragedy. I don’t think things can get much worse than they are now.

14. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Are these tweets before isis? Or after? (2013)

15. AsherN macrumors 6502

Like things couldn't get worse in Iraq without Saddam?

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I just wish the average Trump supporters paid as close attention as you do, called BS, saying enough is enough. The Trump Presidency is a train wreck.

17. 0007776 Suspended

Or is it our “allies” attacking themselves because they know it will prolong US involvement?

18. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

19. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I thought Trump supporters agreed with this exact thing?

20. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Honestly I don't want Trump anywhere near Syria, he can't even stick to a speech let alone stick to a war.

We've got our own problems in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa.

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

If Trump orders some kind of attack today there will inevitably be some who call it a distraction from the lawyer raid. Will you defend the attack's timing?