What TV shows do you watch that you wouldn't want friends to find out about?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Luigi239, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Random topic, I know, but I thought it might create interesting conversation. What TV shows do you watch that you wouldn't necessarily want your friends to know about? Could be for any reason at all.

I'll start. One of the shows I regularly tune into is Project Runway. True not many straight guys (like myself) watch it, and my lady friends give me hell for it, but I still enjoy it none the less.

Your turn!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I can't speak to the friends bit but, I've been a closet One Tree Hill fan since the first episode. I'm also a Kyle XY watcher.

I don't watch much reality TV but if I did I would say I watched that show with Johnathan Anton a lot though I cannot recall the name.

3. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Probably One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl and Top Model.

Damn you CW! :eek:

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm not hiding it from anyone, but nonetheless the most embarrassing show I watch would probably be Brothers & Sisters on ABC.

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I've caught some of my friends watching Gossip Girl....they claimed that it was because there were so many hot girls on the show. I know better. :D

I personally don't watch a lot of TV...so no skeletons in my DVR.

6. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I'm not embarassed of it at all, but my lady adores John and Kate Plus 8, and I've grown to enjoy watching it. I thought I was the only one of my guy friends who watched it, but turns out a buddy of mine loves watching it with his wife as well.

My single friends make fun of me for watching it relentlessly, which makes me laugh.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They know about my liking of Coronation Street (modern day Shakespeare :D) but not so much about Emmerdale. Also used to have a thing for Come Dine With Me but I don't like the new series format.

:eek:

I'm not a TV addict though. Right now they're the only 2 TV shows I watch at all.

8. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Project Runway (I never said that), and Antiques Road Show.

Don

9. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I always liked Queer Eye for The Straight Guy, but I'm okay with people knowing that. It's a fun show, and the Fab Five really do know how to live. I mean... how to live stylishly. Not the way they're... dammit. Never mind. Forget I said anything. :p

[Edit] On a more off-topic note, with this post I managed to fix my post rate at 1.00 posts per day. I have been an MR member for 1151 days! :)

10. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Not anymore but back when the OC was on, I didnt let any of my friends know I watched it.

11. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

My wife got me watching So You Think You Can Dance, and I also watch The Tudors with her.

Yeah, needless to say my friends don't know this. :)

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What's wrong with that? Beside the oversized artistic license it was quite a popular and well liked show. :confused:

13. mpw Guest

I hardly watch any TV anymore (due in no small part to not having a TV), but I can't think of any embarrassing stuff really... I kinda wish I'd watch Sex in/and the City when it was fresh, would be happy to sit and watch the box sets a t some point before watching the movie, but fear that it'll be less relevant out of it's time.

Not really embarrassing, but I doubt it's the kinda show I could chat to my friends about.

14. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Oh I'm not arguing that at all. It's very well done. But on some levels it's a lot like watching a soap opera, only with great costumes. ;)

15. Standard macrumors regular

16. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Probably Lois and Clark, the power rangers lol

17. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Gossip Girl seems to be a common theme... Count me in on that one...

18. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

Good thing that all your friends don't live on the PRSI board here. I watch it, too.

20. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

My gf got me hooked on Project Runway and Top Chef, but most of my friends know about that by now.

The most embarrassing one that I really had trouble admitting was my "Charmed" addiction. It started when I worked odd hours and caught the morning TNT reruns, and then the next thing I knew I owned 7 of 8 seasons on DVD and could recognize an ep within seconds.

No, I'm not proud, but at least I have some great eye candy for my DVD collection.

21. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

top chef is an excellent show! no reason to hide that!

22. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

23. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Girls Next Door.. I was actually thinking of another show I watch that is less embarrassing to post but I think that just means I should fess up to watching it.

24. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I have awesome taste and my friends should be so lucky as to know what I'm watching. But I don't tell them because they're not good enough to know.