What type of accessories will you buy for your new MacBook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jiffry1017, Oct 20, 2016.

1. jiffry1017 macrumors member

I have 2009 13" Macbook Pro with upgraded parts (SSD + HDD combo, 8 GB RAM, replaced battery, added thermal paste, etc.). Needless to say, I've been waiting awhile to buy a new MacBook pro. That also means I've been holding off on accessories or upgrading accessories I already have.

For those of you who are gonna buy the new MacBook coming out, what type of accessories you will guys buy to accompany your new computer?

Here's what I'm thinking
    - Some sort of dock (perhaps landing zone)
    - 34" inch curved monitor
    - A newer nicer looking USB hub (I have some generic USB 2.0 hub currently)
    - A jetdrive or similar for more space
    - A second power adapter to leave at work, so I don't have to carry one around (unless the new MacBook charge via usb-c)
    - A slim sleeve
    - MacBook decal

2. Speechless macrumors 6502a

I'll try to upgrade from this 250GB to 1TB so that should take the storage for me,
    DEFINITELY buying a Tech21 case and Beats studios. I'll call it a day after that.

3. leman macrumors G3

Probably a dock to hook up stuff in the office eathier. Other then that, I'm set. Already have a couple of USB3 drives for backup and a Pelican case for cycling :)

4. jerryk macrumors 68040

If the new MacBookPro is USB-C a proper USB-C dock would the way to go. It can charge, drive external displays, control keyboard, and mouse all on one port.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Thunderbolt 3 dock, when a decent one comes out. I want power passthrough, 2x 4K @ 60, not $200+. I'll probably need to get a USB C- Displayport cable in the meantime.

Already recently bought: USB C / USB A flash drive, P2415q external monitor.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

7. mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

8. lsh macrumors 6502

Probably a dongle for my WD Ultra passport and another for HDMI. Maybe a USBC to Lightening cable.
    I wish WD had a USBc cable or published options that work.