Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Just got my appletooth today.

So far so good.

The pairing was embarrassing simple.

The dual phone/tooth charger is perfect. (thank you apple.)

And the extra dock (you get two. One is a travel dock) is going into my bedroom for overnight charging.

jon4lakers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Orange County, CA
Ive got the apple one also, but it kills the battery (on iphone and headset) to leave it on.

Plus, when you charge it in the dock, the iphine has to be on to charge the headset.

Both VERY annoying.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
k, the iphine has to be on to charge the headset.

Do you turn it off at night for charging?

You could do airplane mode so it can charge and it won't get phone calls.

I always leave mine on so...

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I'm using (sometimes) the Motorola bluetooth headset I used before I got my iPhone . . . paired and works fine. :cool:

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've got a Jawbone as well, and will say while pairing works great, I think it depends on the sequence of power ups. If I have bluetooth turned on iPhone before turning on Jawbone they usually pair up automatically, but if it's reverse I usually press the button on Jawbone and it pairs up with iPhone. Besides that I love Jawbone, and highly recommend it.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
I have a Jabra JX10 and the Apple headset. I took a Jawbone back. The Jawbone's noise reduction circuitry - for me - seemed to only work well when I was standing still. I think it was a fit issue, as it always felt loose no matter what ear canal piece and loop I tried. I lost confidence in its ability to remain on my ear, so I took it back.

The Jabra works great, but with sunglasses it tends to shift a lot. The Apple so far works well, but I've only had it for 3-4 days.

minimalist

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
How does the Apple Bluetooth

headset stay put? Is it like an ear canal bud? (ie like shures or sony mdr 71's).

It looks great but I am hesitant to order one if the fit is like the regular apple earbuds. Those fall out of my ears with the slightest movement so I can only imagine what would happen with the extra weight of the microphone section might be like.

min.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I'm using a Motorola headset, which I love for one reason alone. I get nearly 30 hours of talk time. Every time. How? It takes a AAA battery. I rotate between 4 rechargeable AAA batteries, and this thing has totally paid for itself.

I really want the Apple one, but there is no way in hell I could go down to 5 hour talk time.

I'm (the male version of) a chatty Kathy :D

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Do you like it?

How does it work with your iphone?

Bang & Olufsen

No real complaints. It takes a little effort to make it fit my ear, but I have tiny ears, and no BT has ever fit it perfectly. It recently fell onto a subway grid (YIKES) on the sidewalk and I almost had a heart attack. fortunately the grid wasn't wide enough for it to fall through *whew*

But it's comfortable, sounds wonderfully clear, and has the chrome/silver and black design like the iPhone. No regrets yet.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/11/08/bang-and-olufsen-preps-earset-2/

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I'm using a Jabra BT150 and a Jabra BT350. These are both actually VERY inexpensive headsets (you can find them on NewEgg), but incredibly reliable, and deliver solid audio. I've had my BT150 for about a year and a half now. I've lost it, dropped it, thrown it down on pavement, picked it up and threw it down AGAIN in a rare fit of anger, and through all that it just won't die!

The BT350 I bought after I thought I had lost the 150, only to have it reappear just after my return period was up on the new one. Now I just switch between the two, alternating about once a week, when the battery dies on whichever one I'm currently using.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I am using the Samsung WEP200 and it works great with the iPhone. The sound quality is excellent. It is small, light weight and you can hardly tell it is there. I highly recomment it. also it has a very unique inner ear piece design that prevents it from falling out.

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/mobilephones/mobilephones/wep200.asp

I just got one of these, and when I try to pair it with my iPhone, it says "Searching...." and never finds the headset. The headset is fully charged.

Any ideas?

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Apple Bluetooth headset and Motorola H500. I could never adapt to the over-the-ear style.

Attachments

• Photo 120.jpg
    Photo 120.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.