What updates / fixes are you hoping for in iOS 6.0.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jlake02, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

What fixes are you hoping for?

What bugs (if any) have affected your device?

What upgrades do you expect (if any) for the next update?

Personally, I'm a bit surprised they haven't released one yet.. but what do I know. :D

2. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

battery life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Considering they are busy working on Maps, no upgrade needed as those changes are simply made on the server side.

Just some minor bugs seem to be present although, not as many as have been during past releases.

4. aarif2012 macrumors member

How long and how much will it take to build a map like Google do?
    Is that worth Apple's efforts?

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

3 years
    Yes

6. aarif2012 macrumors member

Could you explain more about your answer.

7. Ent macrumors regular

i'm also looking for improvements in battery life...

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Yeah. I know standard procedure is to blame the user when an Apple product doesnt work right but I've done so much in crippling my phone by turning off key services, deleting apps and avoiding phone usage just to try to resolve battery issues that I have to point the finger back at Apple and say that theres something wrong on their end.

(BTW. I did buy a spare lightning cable to carry around but thats hardly a "solution").

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

List view for the Stores. Also general bugfixes; iOS 6 is the only version that I've had crash with an actual exception.

10. LMD75 macrumors 6502

The ability to change turn by turn voice directly within the Maps settings instead of relying upon Region Format.

UK Siri to pronounce Metres /Meters correctly within Maps.

11. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Sure

I always take what "sounds" like a reasonable timeframe for a given Apple project and then add a year. Apple initiated technologies typically are conservative in the first generation yet offer some attractive features (speed, vector maps etc), considerable improvement is shown by second generation and by third generation things are smooth

Location is certainly important to Apple as their big push is mobile and with Siri you want to have location tied into the OS along excellent front end control. Apple's going to be aggressive about improving Maps.

I'd guess that the next smaller acquisitions will be snapping up smaller companies that have great points of interest data like a Foursquare or a company that OEMs this data to developers.

12. iASS macrumors newbie

I would love to see the following bugs fixed ASAP:

• Bluetooth issues (choppy music)
    • WiFi issues (connectivity)
    • "Do Not Disturb" gives a BUSY signal! Come ON Apple!
    • Battery life
    • Bring Youtube and Google Maps back!!!!

13. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

I have no doubt that the posters here have real problems. I just wonder why. BT works better for me on the iP5 than any previous iPhone. I have never had WiFi issues with any iPhone. DND works as described for me. My battery life is way better than ever on any iPhone. For example...last night with no deliberate use...my phone battery declined from 99% to 97%. At the end of a day I typically have 60+ % of my battery. It actually forces me to hold off on charging so I can get a full charge cycle.

I don't talk a lot but I use data (e-mail, messaging, and surf the web) a lot. Iused the phone as an LTE hotspot for two hours without any serious decline in the battery. Honestly I don't know the numbers, but I still needed the phone for a 100 drive using maps and making calls and I had plenty of battery left when I got home.

As far as Utube, I do not even want it and can always use my browser for the minimal use I have. Google maps are not needed either. The Apple maps work great for me.

I'm not saying some of you don't have problems, but I don't think most people do have them. I wonder why?

14. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Hoping for bug fixes and stability improvements. That's all i need for my 3GS on iOS 6. It's working perfectly fine:)

15. Heb 7:4 macrumors regular

16. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Swipe to delete on iTunes match and the little cloud icon back to show stuff thats not been downloaded

17. DjStiky macrumors member

There are a few things I would like fixed but I wont even mention them because battery life is so horrible! I just want them to fix the battery issue with the iPhone 5, even if it's the only thing they fix in the next update.

18. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Good luck on that one, as it is heavily wished for with every X. or .XX release since I can remember. These devices are highly powerful, multitasking things that have finite, ancient battery technology. Batteries need to evolve, software updates can only do so much.

The amount of tasks our devices run with multiply by the year. Battery technology is ancient, it doesn't really get better except for some kind of decade-frequency breakthrough, if even that quick.

It's come down to either make the devices bigger for bigger batteries for longer use (but then bigger screen size may eat up faster battery so the effects are minimized) or manage the use of your device more intelligently for use that you need rather than needless playing so you can make it through the day.

Simple as that.

19. tonedef407 macrumors regular

Wi-Fi issues. My AT&T phone is using data while on Wi-Fi and I've had connectivity issues.

20. VacTacks11 macrumors member

Battery life when LTE on (I have to leave 3G on to get battery life similar to the 4S).

Wi-Fi performance when LTE on (I have a post on this somewhere).

Apple Maps, but that's server-side. I just wish there were more POI's listed. I actually don't mind Maps, but when I can pull up a POI in the Google Maps WebApp and I can't pull it up in Apple Maps, I get frustrated.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

A Siri that acknowledges the existence of St. Louis, Missouri and gives me the weather for it instead of St. Louis, Georgia and gives me scores for the St. Louis Cardinals game instead of the Stanford Cardinals when I ask for it.

22. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Minor tweaks like ability to toggle wifi/bluetooth/3g on/off via siri or notification screen.

23. liteshow macrumors regular

(1) Auto Brightness Bug ( Quick to brighten when moving from dark to bring room - good, but very slow to darken down when moving from bright to dark room)

(2) Intermittent Auto-Lock Screen Bug (auto off sometimes works. sometimes stays on for a long time thus killing battery life)

(3) Intermittent App Store (Gets blank white screen when in Featured Tab)

24. DoctorCrap macrumors regular

DoctorCrap

Yep. My battery life is being much more ********* up than on iOS 5.

25. dave8209 macrumors member

dave8209