What USB Bluetooth adapter are have you bought? Are there any "Mac friendly" ones?

thabridawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
I'm planning on getting a Bluetooth phone, what USB adapters are you guys using that don't have it built in?

Are there any "Mac" ones? In terms of appearance/compatibility?

I'm looking at the Linksys and D-Link ones cause I can't seem to find any Mac-ish ones.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
thabridawg said:
I'm planning on getting a Bluetooth phone, what USB adapters are you guys using that don't have it built in?

Are there any "Mac" ones? In terms of appearance/compatibility?

I'm looking at the Linksys and D-Link ones cause I can't seem to find any Mac-ish ones.
A friend bought the Belkin adapter - works flawlessly with his iBook and it's a bit cheaper than the D-Link.

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
I bought a D link a while back and use it with my v551 and Apple wireless mouse. The mouse is a bit finicky, but the phone is perfect.

I would say the D link is tough too, i Accidently ran it through the washing machine because i had forgotten it in my front shirt pocket. Found it at the bottom of the washing machine, dried it off as best i could and plugged it into a usb hub(to protect my ibook's ports) and it flickered twice, then worked perfectly ever since. Some 2 months later everything is fine.

Cuckoo

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
The Netherlands - Utrecht
I've bought a belkin, works flawlessly with my phone, but didn't work so good for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

first problem was a flaky performance of the mouse. Second the keyboard would lose connection without reason, and third, i couldn't use keyboard/mouse to wake up the computer.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Used to have a cheap Keyspan dongle that I was very happy with, but after a couple of years that broke and now I bought an even cheaper Billionton which actually works even better. :)

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
i bought a generic one from compusa and works great with apple bluetooth keyboard, v551, and logitech bluetooth mouse