What Verizon phone should I use as a temp after I sell my 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I want to upgrade to the 6 Plus but I figured I'd wait for the 6S Plus this Fall. I'll probably sell my iPhone 6 in a month or so, but I want to buy a cheap phone to use as a spare until I get my 6S Plus, assuming it comes out in September.

Any recommendations for a decent phone I can find used or something for under $100? As long as it's easy to type/text on I don't care.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

A used iPhone 4S.

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

I have never understood this type of thinking. Unless you already have a spare phone around to use.

Why spend say another $100 to buy a phone to use for the next 6-7 week until iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S plus is released?

Say the going price for a 64gb iPhone 6 plus is around $550-600 on various websites right now.

Come September the re sell price becomes $450-500.

What exactly have you accomplished trying to sell ur current iPhone 6/6 plus right now. You'd basicAlly spend $100 or so more for a phone you likely won't really like and likely 2 plus year old.

You may suffer for 6-7 weeks.

And end up no better than you would have been just keeping the phone and reselling for less.

Your net cost basis would be the same selling now (plus paying $100 for cheap used phone/lack of features compared to ur current iPhone 6 plus).