What versions of the Mac Pro are the retail stores carrying?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by shinchan72, Mar 19, 2009.

1. shinchan72 macrumors member

I know with the 2008 mac pro's the local Apple store had the low base model and the dual 3.2 with Nvidia card.

Was curious to see if the new Mac Pro's have shown up in anyone's Apple stores and if so what models ?

2. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

The Apple store in Toronto (Eaton's Center) has a 2.93 Quad on display. Not sure what other ones that have in stock. My guess is they probably have the base config of the Quad and Octopus in stock.

3. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

2.26 8 core at Futureshop in Guelph sold out within the first week. They only had 4, but still impressive for a small city.

4. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

I didn't even realize Futureshop carries the Pros.

Interesting.

5. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Was in the Apple Store in Melbourne (Chadstone) tonight. They had the Quad core 2.66, and 8 core 2.26 in stock in store. Anything higher spec had to be ordered in/CTO

6. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Neither did I, at least in the smaller cities; although you can always order them from the warehouse. I know the big store in Toronto carries them. Maybe it was a test run.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Both of my Apple Stores near me (both surprisingly 15 minutes away) have all of the configurations instock. This is what haunts me all day long.