What was after the 1-3 business day group?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhamp07, Sep 22, 2013.

1. nhamp07 macrumors regular

Did it go to 7-10? or was there something in between?

If it went to 7-10 it is most likely because of the chinese holiday

2. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

It was 7-10 business days in the US. In the UK here it actually went straight to 7-10 business days.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Or because the initial batch was projected to not be replenished until that point. Not sure why people keep bringing up the Chinese holiday and saying the government mandates all business shut down, it's simply untrue. I go to China 10+ times a year and am often there during holidays. While many stores and businesses shut down, there are equally as many that stay open. International manufacturing operations still work just the same 365 days per year - - companies like FoxCon house their employees within the factory compound, so it would make no sense to "send the workers home for the holidays" like people suggest. I think most the people who bring up the holidays in China have never been and have no clue how China works and just think the world operates like America (or the EU).

Bottom line, Apple\FoxCon operate 365 days a year within China. Bottom line, FedEx operates (back end) 365 days a year in China.

Don't believe me?

http://cndxp.apac.fedex.com/aboutfedex/promotion/promotion20130910001_en.html

And obviously having shut down residential delivery\pickups domestically in China on the 19th (18th in the US) wouldn't affect iPhone since it wasn't even orderable until the 20th!

You'll see FedEx reduces their call center by a couple hours during the holiday weekend, but clearly is still open. And that's just the call center. Operations for corporate\drop ship customers and planes flying from China to the US are 100% every day, 365 in China, it's just us here in the US that shuts down industry for silly holidays.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

1-3
    7-10
    October... PWNED LOLOL (this is me btw :( )

6. nhamp07 thread starter macrumors regular

7. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4