What was the happiest day of your life?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DoNoHarm, Apr 8, 2010.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I've had some pretty happy days over the past few years, but I think so far the best one was the birth of my son, my first child.

3. noel4r macrumors 6502a

When my first daughter was born. I remember wheeling her out to the nursery to get her cleaned up. I felt so proud. That is one moment I will never forget.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

+1 ... although I think the feeling of him wanting a hug and kiss from me is stronger ... or watching him laugh really hard. Pure Joy.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Probably when I came out. It was both my happiest and saddest day. I learned that my family was not my best friends, but I also learned who my friends truly were.

6. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

May 8, 2008: I received a $2700 shopping spree from the Make-a-wish foundation of Los Angeles :)

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

8. ethical macrumors 68000

So far it would have to be exam results day, last summer. I woke up at 4am to start refreshing the page, waiting for it to update! I got the results I needed so got in to the uni and course that I wanted! An outcome that will have a massive effect on the rest of my life.

9. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

Honestly couldn't pick one, there are lots of good happy days logged in memory.

My fave recent one is probably when we went out for a day in town, visited a couple of museums, bought a truck load of Mini Eggs, watched Avatar in 3D, listened to my fave music on the bus. Got home and watched the new Lost (addict you see ;)). A constant barrage of happy small things does it for me.

10. djellison macrumors 68020

Best day..so FAR....the day I got the job offer that will see me emigrate UK to US, in the next 2-3 weeks. It's the perfect job for me, in a place I've looked at from afar for the better part of 20 years.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Watching Avatar in 3D is one of your happiest days in your life? Man, I love Lost as much as the next guy but Avatar? I don't get what people love about this film. By the time the 3d action finally started, I was so bored by the horrible dialogue, rehashed plot, and unbelievable bad acting, I didn't even enjoy what should have been the greatest action sequence ever filmed. Birth of my daughter and son, tied for me.

12. Waldszenen macrumors member

July 5th, 2007 - the day I fell in love for the first time, as corny as it sounds. Nothing good has happened these last three years since then.

13. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

Oh heavens no, I thought the story was cack and the effects grew tiring but I just enjoyed watching it with my girlfriend and it was part of a great day for me. Never going to see it again.

14. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

7th December 2007. I woke up late but in time to go for christmas dinner with friends from university halls. Then my sister who I hadn't seen in months came to visit, we had tea and then a bunch of us went to the Christmas market. Came back, watched a film with friends then sat up all night talking with the guy I liked, kissed him at 7am the next morning, he kissed me back.

I was wonderfully happy all that day.

And not so much a day, but a moment, the first time I told a boy I loved him, and he told me he loved me too. Wonderful, and completely unexpected.

15. maddan macrumors regular

April 1st, 2010, when I found out I had been admitted to The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania for my undergraduate studies. It was the product of all my hard work, and the one goal and dream that I had came true on that day.

16. ethical macrumors 68000

I like this thread! It's nice reading everyone's happy stories. Come on people... there must be more out there with happy times!

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This moment.

No... this moment.

I mean this moment.

Now this moment.

18. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

When i finally started to get on top of my anxiety / depression and started to finally put on some weight! YES

19. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Living with my best friends freshman year in the dorms of my university.

21. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Right about now, I'd have to say April 5th (5 days ago), when the girl of my dreams, my best friend, said yes to us dating. She's also my first girlfriend...so yeah. :p

22. Keebler macrumors 68030

easily the birth of my first child.

rare to get the same feelings as that day although the birth of my 2nd child did pretty much the same thing :)

23. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

The other day, I had a Poo!*

*(Oops, sorry - Wrong website)

24. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

Who's up??? :p:cool:

25. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

The first day of my Honeymoon after getting married. My phone didn't work for ten days. Glorious.

Prior to that, probably any given day my freshman and sophomore year in college.