What was up with all the designs before the real 3GS was unveiled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgctx, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jgctx macrumors newbie

Ok I am getting my 3GS on Friday am. I got att to deliver it to the local att store and I am ready to get my hands on it.

What I want to know is what was with all the mock up's and photoshoped ipod touch's that were made to look like the new iphone 2009. I was really hoping for the front facing camera. That to me would have made the phone totally amazing. I travel a lot and using ichat on the phone to my kids would be wonderful. I guess I bought a lot of the ihype on the net, and some of the mock ups were great...

I assume a few people got of on having their works of art on the front pages of the apple follower sites... thanks for getting us all excited for nothing.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You've not been on MacRumors long, have you? This is part of the Apple game. As soon as a product is release, the invariable "what do you think the next revision will have" post pops up. As products near end of life and are due for a refresh, the wild speculation chums the waters of imagination. Photoshop-savvy fanboys do their magic and, voila, imagination becomes almost reality. Then the actual product comes out and invariably someone who has fallen for the hype is disappointed.

The new iPhone IS amazing...unless you were hoping for that which was merely rumored.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

well said

4. jgctx thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been around the computer business for a long time and the company I work for even makes Laptops and Desktops, but that said, I was amazed at the amount of effort to create something to mislead the users that were trying to help.

Just wish it had the front facing camera....damn it...

5. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Did you order online at ATT.com? If yes, how did you accomplish this? I was told by 2 AT&T reps online that they will only ship it to my address.