What Was Your Favourite Colour iMac/iBook?

Griffindor73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Brighton, England
Silly question, but seeing as we are in the twilight years of Mac colour schemes (although PC owning friends still think it is a wild new concept-I mean, catch up!- ) I was wondering what were peoples favourite iMac colours and why- also, are there any colours you cant stand? (The flower-power one and the lime green iBook spring to my mind!)

Mine is my (still in current use) Grape 400DV iMac, although I rather liked the short lived Ruby. I like it at it sits there on my desk like a huge boiled sweet and i still get lots of comments about it even three years after buying it!:D

I shall even stick my neck out and say I liked the spotty dalmation one! (Although if i had been buying one at the time I may have chickened out and bought the graphite one)

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
IceBook is sweet! The best looking iMac was the graphite one....of course there's the new one too but I don't like that frosty white on it...if it was glossy like the IceBook's one, then it would look sweet, too

Apple][Forever

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2002
Orange

orange, orange, orange...

I have an orange ibook, an orange handspring visor...

I wish on the new iBooks they'd make the Apple logo on the lid multi-colored though.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Being an Alabama fan, I would have to say Ruby. She was beautiful. It was a very elegant color. I am also fond of (hold off the stones please) Flower Power. My iceBook is also a nice one though.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'll hold off the stones, but nothing is going to keep those boulders from comin' down! :D

Honestly, I am more of a graphite color scheme person. I don't like anything spectacular or too prominent. It just loses it loses its taste after a while; then you have even less interest in the graphite/plain colors.

I have a graphite iBook and a Cube, with a graphite Apple logo. I wanted an 880i from Epson, but my parents got me an 880 (no translucent graphite).

Now my favorite color is Titanium! :cool:

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
I like the dark green that was released between the 5 color designs and the snow/flower power macs. The color just seemed really soothing.

hitman

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
My first was a bondi so I go with that..my current one is a Spotty one..Dalmation or whatever it was called...so I've sorta likened to that...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
bondi imac blew me away when i first saw it in 98 at the sonoma state university bookstore

and when the graphite ibook came out...wow

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
oh wow,
i always thought that key lime was the best!
it was so cool and almost florescent
that's one of the many apple computers that i say i will buy years from now just because they had really cool designs ( when i start making the BIG bucks! )

it starts getting old to look at my indigo after a while