What were your favorite Super Bowl 2016 commercials?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

See them all here: http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/50/commercials#video=0ap3000000633719

Steve Harvey impresses me for continuing to make fun of himself, this time for T Mobile.

The Steven Tyler portrait made out of Skittles was one of those that just makes you go, "WTF was that I just saw?"

And while it wasn't the funniest ad, by its sheer title alone "Walken Closet" (as in Christopher) was a pretty good one.

I laughed out loud at Helen Mirren breaking her staid image to tell drunk drivers that if they donated their brains to science, science would return them. That was ingenious. :p

And all the Hyundai commercials were pretty good.

On the flip side, the puppy/baby/monkey ad was just...disturbing.

If there was one disappointment, it was that I wouldn't have minded seeing another Carl's ad with Charlotte McKinney. :D

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I thought that was so funny, my whole family were laughing so hard on that.

The Toyota Prius commerical was good and the Doritos commercial (the ultrasound one) was funny

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My favorite one was the Doritos ultrasound.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

+1 for the Doritos ultrasound commercial. My mother and I were watching together, and we both guffawed at the end.

The Helen Mirren ad was brilliant.

I rather liked the Super Bowl babies bits. They also left us giggling.

5. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. C DM, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

I was a little surprised that there was not only one but at least a couple of ads for medicines in relation to bowel movements. That's in addition to toenail fungus. Don't quite recall those types of things coming up much in previous Super Bowls (although I might certainly not be remembering all the ads from those).

8. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Didn't like any of them. I used to when I was younger, but I guess that was before I just saw them all as advertisements. :( the burden of growing older.

9. Roller macrumors 68020

Not only did they seem out of place, but they just contributed more to the over-advertising of prescription medications. New regulations make it harder for the pharmaceutical industry to market to physicians, so they go directly for the consumer.

Of the vehicle commercials, I liked the Jeep ads the best.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

The Doritos one cracked us up the most. The WTF award goes to the puppy/baby/monkey.. What the hell did I just see... and yes I do want to see it again lol.

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I don't think I've been this creeped out since ManBearPig on South Park.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like that was the intention and that the ad did its job fairly well in that respect.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, that was one strange commercial.

14. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Jeez, spoiler alert!

15. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

Umm, the Superbowl and all of the commercials that went with it aired live 2 days ago, I should say the time for spoilers has about passed. If you haven't at least seen the commercials (which actually were released online a few days in advance), I'm not sure I want your work schedule.

I agree with the Doritos ultrasound ad, that one was pretty clever. I can't I can't NOT mention the commercial from a company in the next town over, Deathwish Coffee.

16. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

There was one year in the late '90s, I believe, when it seemed that fully half the ads were for startup dot-coms. As I recall, most of them were deadly dull.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, there were definitely a lot of just "we spent the money on this" ads for a few years. I guess I don't remember much in terms of medication ones during Super Bowl, and in particular for things like bowel movements and fungus and the like.

18. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Mate it was a joke. Hands up who thinks Macrumors needs to lighten up?