What will 5S delivery speed be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack97, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

The title says it all - how long will it take from ordering (as soon as the 5S is available) to delivery?

2. Azy macrumors regular

I would hope that both apple and carriers also have got a lot of stock aside ready for delivery and that they could be delivered within 24 hours as if you ordered any phone if you're lucky enough to order it fast enough and be within the first batch

3. rh1, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

rh1 macrumors member

You can expect it to dispatch in 24 hours for first round orders (made within first half hour)
    But since orders are made on a Friday, you can expect the first ones to be delivered on Tuesday 24th earliest.

You can also expect dispatch delays to show 1-2 days and then quickly to 3-4 days and a week dispatch delay on the same day, since for the first time, they are releasing the flagship iPhone in China among the other first wave countries.

I suspect there will also be an allotted amount of devices available in-store, but there has been no mention of ordering to pick up in store which means if you want it on day one, you'll need to be queuing up (not many people have time for that in 2013)

4. Azy macrumors regular

As now we will not technically be pre-ordering, stock should already be on site locally, meaning that if ordered early enough, next day delivery should be possible. Obviously hard to say until we get some official announcements on the matter as normally it would have been pre-ordered like a week ago.

5. rh1, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

rh1 macrumors member

Not exactly. Pre-ordering allows them book out delivery services in advance. Since it's not an option, you will be ordering as normal Apple products.

They have specific locations for online stock, this will depend on where you are. I live near one of their online storage facilities and sometimes have received items the next day and sometimes it's taken two days for items dispatched in 24 hours.

The issue here is that Saturday is not a normal delivery date so either they'll offer it as an option or charge for it. Friday alone is not enough to get the masses an iPhone on the next day.

Note: The iPhone 4s is available on pre-order yet they don't give options for Saturday delivery for those who won't get it on Friday ~ not happening for iPhone 5s. So 23- 26 is maybe when you can expect an iPhone 5s.
    See attachment.

Attached Files:

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

this is my thought, although maybe there will be a store pickup option and you can receive as early as maybe release day or Monday? We'll see.

7. Poly macrumors 6502

This makes me so angry....can't tell you.

IMHO they should at least enable orders on the 18th or 19th so all people of the first order round will get it ON release day or at least 1day after(saturday 21)

8. Azy macrumors regular

Apple aside, I know many carriers will do next day delivery if ordered before lunch time and many carriers this will include Saturdays also, so it's possible. The only issue will be if they can keep up with the sheer volume of orders or if it will be early the following week.

9. Poly macrumors 6502

Do you think we will get any announcements?

10. rh1 macrumors member

On the other hand, I think you will be able to get an iPhone 5s with a carrier on launch day. They will be happy to take you in for their over-price launch day tariffs

Here in the UK Carphonewarehouse does well to stock new iPhone but even if you pay upfront for an unlocked version, it will still lock to the first UK SIM and is useless abroad, unless further unlocking.

That's why I prefer iPhones from Apple as they are truly unlocked.

11. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

So.

A stupid question here. But I take it we can order the 5s online as soon as it hits midnight?

In in the UK and just wondering about the time zones.

Ta.

12. rh1 macrumors member

From 8:01AM BST.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

[​IMG]

15. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Cool. Thanks. That is GMT+1 I think.

So it will be from 7.01am GMT.

16. cfc4ever macrumors member

If they stick to the midnight in the US, for the online store, you won't be able to order the 5S in Australian until 5pm in the afternoon on the 20th, or 17 hours after the launch!

17. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

If at midnight Cuppertino time (3am est) I can't order for pickup in store I'm taking a vacation day and heading up to the Apples store.

It's not about having it before anyone else, it about me just not wanting to wait any longer.