What will draw eyeballs to live debate: Trump bombast or Hillary potential short-circuit / implosion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 13, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

We know that Trump is all about extemporaneous speech, whereas Hillary is tightly scripted.

Yet, we’ve all seen the videos of tightly scripted Hillary either falling, freezing, head-jerking, and inappropriately cackling.

Which is going to draw the world’s eyeballs to the debate over and above watching the NFL?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Hillary will keep her cool. She'll be well prepared. Trump is going to implode.

"The empty vessel makes the loudest sound." -William Shakespeare

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hilary isn't going to implode. That's a fairy tale.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

The great leader will fail will not show up or will sue or all three.

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump’s there, it’ll be the most viewed debates in history. If Trump somehow can trigger Hillary’s apparent dyskinesia, by hitting her with sensory overload like what happened with reporters when she went into uncontrollable spasming, that’ll be hilarious TV.

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

She's going to stick her knives in him and he's not even going to know it happened.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Will you be watching the debate to see who makes the silliest faces, or listening for content. I prefer to listen, and Clinton will mop the floor with Trump, who had no content.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

IMO it's a moot point in today's world where DVR's abound.

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Usually yes, but not in this case. I prefer to watch the destruction of the GOP and entire conservative movement on live tv. :)

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

If he continues to think he can do well without preparing and simplly go off-the-cuff, he'll take a beating. If he comes prepared and presents logical points and stays away from the typical Trump BS comments, he'll do well.

I think just like with Clinton, people today are looking to see him present more soundly vs have more sound content. If he does both well of course he'll do better but for him, I think he just needs to ditch his twitter-ish like replies and antics and stick to a more sound presentation and debate. I give it a 4/10 that he'll do that though.

11. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Trump supporters seem to be more the "silliest face" crowd than the "content" crowd. That's what happens when you never made it past the 5th grade.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Comedy Central Roast on Hillary Clinton hosted by Donald Trump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love Don Rickles, btw. Just like I adore Groucho Marx, Redd Foxx, and Rodney Dangerfield. I love insult comics.

[​IMG]

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Gonna looked like wolverine taking on the bad guy.

14. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Either an ill-prepared Trump or a replicant Hillary with wet circuits could result in one of these.

15. Herdfan macrumors 6502

But she may faint and fall over.

Actually I think it will all depend on the questions. All 3 debates are different formats/topics so she may do well in one format but not another. But if she gets a question she doesn't want to give a straight answer to, it will hurt her, especially if he is prepared to rebut her answer.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right
    She will faint such a silly thing to say . Trump does not have the mental ammunition to debate her he has always resorted to lies and insults not wit and facts.

17. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

:D

Can't wait to see if Hillary breaks into her signature head-bobbing from Night at the Roxbury.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

If that's the best you've got - you've got nothing. While you're looking for some "tick" - I'll be paying attention to what the candidates are saying and how Trump will be imploding with every word he says. Much more entertaining for the thinking man and woman than caring about bathroom breaks and a head bob.

19. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

I'll toss an equally creative bone to your losing argument so that you won't go away sore. ;)

Here's Trump's Cliff Notes to bone up on history. :)

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Here's a funny meme based on that event.

[​IMG]

Though to be fair, I think she was just mocking the journalists for screaming at her all at once.

21. Jess13, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

It’s possible that she was just acting up for them, but with Parkinson’s, dyskinesia reportedly can be triggered by the reporters’ questions overload. What Hillary did isn’t normal. I don’t believe it was a seizure, but dyskinesia is interesting.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If she was really ill the democrats would run Bernie.

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

There is a saying, ‘presidents are selected not elected.’ Hillary was selected before Bernie announced, it’s why the DNC helped steal the election for her. You’re assuming that the Dems had a full, true bill of health for her. I don’t say that she has Parkinson’s, but her health issues suggest that is probably the case.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns