What will happen to 4S replacements when the free-on-contract iPhone 5C come out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhyIndeed, Aug 23, 2013.

1. WhyIndeed macrumors newbie

When the iPhone 5C is released as the "cheaper iPhone" and the iPhone 4S is discontinued, what happens if someone wan'ts to pay for a out-of-warranty replacement for their 4S? Will Apple just give them an iPhone 5C instead?

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

No one knows if the 4S will be discontinued. You'll have to wait like everyone else to find out the answer to your question. And even if it was, carriers and Apple keep inventory of older devices just for that purpose.

3. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I think most likely the iPhone 5 is going to be replaced. In that case, Apple will still have refurb iPhone 5 units to use for replacements.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm pretty sure they still hand out iPhone 3G and 3GS to people wanting out of warranty repairs and at least until fairly recently they did the same thing with the original iPhone, so I'm sure they will have plenty of stock of refurbished iPhone 4 and 4S to give to people needing replacements.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Nothing, people will still pay for the iPhone 4S replacement. Thing is, the 5C and 4S cost something to fix and make.

Besides, there will be a difference.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Apple will keep plenty on hand for warranty work.