Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonds79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
THe white 3GS was known to turn yellow !
What will stop the white iphone 4 from turning yellow and getting discolored from normal usage heat and being exposed to sunlight?

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
THe white 3GS was known to turn yellow !
What will stop the white iphone 4 from turning yellow and getting discolored from normal usage heat and being exposed to sunlight?

Because there is glass?

I have owned all iPhone designs and the iPhone 4 build quality is absolutely incredible. So don't worry too much about problems like discoloration.

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
If the glass has UV protection (and all glass does protect against UV to some extent), I don't see why it would ever yellow unless it sat out in unprotected sunlight for months to years on end.

don pianta

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Cincinnati
i've had a white 3G and 3GS and neither have turned yellow...

so i guess the thing stopping the white iphone 4 from turning yellow is something called common sense?

glass doesnt turn yellow with age, so as long as you dont handle your phone after you've dipped your hand in a can of yellow paint, i can almost guarantee you wont see any "yellowing"

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Then what's holding up the white iPhone 4? Jobs and Ives couldn't agree on the type of white color?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.