What will Tim Cook’s ‘can’t live without’ new feature for iPhone 7 be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lauramayer, May 4, 2016.

1. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

What will Tim Cook’s ‘can’t live without’ new feature for iPhone 7 be?

What do you think?

2. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

3. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

It's so vague that it could be anything, I think that's really the point. More "Magic" from Apple in the works, you can't live without what we have coming up for you. He says the same thing basically at the beginning of every one of his keynotes. Nothing wrong with that, but that's why he does it.. it's hype and giving the people a song and dance.

4. lauramayer thread starter macrumors regular

lauramayer

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hmm, I can see the keynote now.

"To ... create ... this stunning new feature, we ... sympathetically looked back to the very first iPhone, and asked ourselves what made it so special.

By ... reverting back to 4GB storage, reflecting a distallation, rather than a reduction of functionality, all three of the precious photos you can snapshot, before ... harmoniously running out of space, will be even more important.

Simply put, it's the most intimate iPhone we've ever made."

[​IMG]

7. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

3.5mm jack.

We can't live without it, so we all don't upgrade at all.

8. lauramayer thread starter macrumors regular

lauramayer

You missed "...incredible...", "...best product ever created", "...Smooth..." and "...Retina..." :D

9. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I think Jony's saving that rhetoric for the incredibly smooth Retina Watch Band, which is the best product they've ever created. ;)

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

He never mentioned the iPhone 7. But I think dual camera will be a game changing feature.

12. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

A dual-facing camera would make me yawn. Game-changing?...I think not.

If the ip7 doesn't get OIS, it will lag even further compared to the S7/S7 Edge.

13. I7guy macrumors G5

Most people aren't going to care. If they did those numbers would be reflected in the sales.

14. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

Hahahaha that's great :D

15. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

The truth of the matter is that the camera doesn't drive iPhone upgrades anymore.

The iPhone camera takes good pictures...for most, it's good enough.

16. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

It makes me a bit sad that we have one of the most entertaining pieces of technology ever created in any modern smartphone and people find themselves unhappy unless they can get another, sometimes ambiguous, feature or spec bump.

17. Dave245 macrumors 601

While this is true, a dual camera feature would make it much better. We are not just talking about taking pictures but it would also add another feature to it if the rumour and patent that Apple hold make it into the iPhone 7.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/14/apple-linx-acquisition/
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/iphone...is-ming-chi-kuo-believes-iphone-7-plus-524280

18. I7guy macrumors G5

I can't speak for others, but I don't make a decision in a cell phone purchase based on the camera. All cell phones cameras have limitations; of course a dslr has one big limitation as well....portability.

I agree with you for most people modern day cell phone cameras are okay enough.

19. bushido Suspended

bushido

they will cut off an additional 0.01 mm while selling a case that adds ten times that

20. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

The fact that this feature would be for 5.5" iPhones only just further underscores my point that the 4.7" iPhone is becoming, more and more, the middle child of the iPhone group.

That will only further widen the growing fissure that the ip7 is now, less than the premium iPhones before it.

A pity...

21. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

If things like dual cameras are going to happen, but they will be "inventing" reasons as to why they needed another +100 bucks tear aka iPhone Plus Pro then **** them.

22. Dave245 macrumors 601

The reason it might be for the 5.5" iPhone is because of the room it might take up and obviously the 5.5" is a bigger phone. Only a guess tho and I could be wrong, only time will tell (probably in September)

23. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Agree. The size of the plus is unusable to me. To the extent that they may as well reserve top features for an iPad sized iPhone. I'd be hand carrying it either way. Size seems like a terrible basis for distinguishing features.

24. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Probably optical-zooming cameras...reserved for the 7 Pro.