What will Trump call his new political party?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Jul 23, 2015.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

When pressed not only did Trump, who is still leading GOP contenders at 18% percent (down from 24%), said he wouldn't just consider a third party run, but "absolutely" run as a third party. I take it somebody in the GOP field pissed him off. :)

It's probably beginning of end for Trump, as least in GOP as mentioned here by Doug Heye:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/donald-trump-border-visit-texas/

Anyway, what would he call this new, third party? I am thinking Trump Party, but there could be other choice names.

2. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

That has a ring to it.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As with all the other issues, he's already flip-flopped on this.

And why do we need another Trump thread, couldn't this have gone on one of those?

4. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Because he's fun! I tell you, if he weren't so dangerous for the country I would vote for him just so I could spend the next 4 years mocking him.

It's like in high school when the bullies nominate the fat girl to run for prom queen just so they can make fun of her.

6. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Will Hillary run as his VP? Hildebeast gets over $200k per speech. Then again, she has never actually earned anything in her life.

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Lol, when I read this comment all I hear is "wahhh the candidate I hate the most is leading in the polls so I'll bring her up in every unrelated thread to deflect from trump!"

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Too bad the Know Nothings was already taken.

Because a lot of Trump's nonsense has an historical ring to it:

Substitute "Mexican" for "German" and "Muslim" for "IrishCatholic" - and nothing has changed a bit in a hundred sixty years of American politics. And, memo to the Donald: Your grandfather Friedrich Drumpf was one those nasty Germans the No Nothings were so worried about.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The Feces Throwers, in honor of Donald Trump's very close orangutan ancestors.

And also because the people that support him tend to have the same IQ as a feces throwing primate.

10. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

So Hillary's money from making speeches is okay, while Trump's money is evil capitalist bad guy money? LOL

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You're deflecting from the thread. If you want to talk about Hillary, start a thread about Hillary.

BL.

12. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

13. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Blazed brought up that whole "1%er" thing about Trump so I correctly pointed out that Hillary is in the same category. At least Trump made his money via business and not convenient marriage and extortion.

I don't understand the animosity against the 1% (although famous actors and athletes seem to be excluded from any criticism).

Personally, I find achievement/wealth envy to be HILARIOUS.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The lack of comprehension based on context is the lack here.

He brought up "the 1%" as the name of his own independent political party, AS A JOKE. You're taking that a bit too seriously with your attempts to deflect.

I wonder.. does that mean that the truth hurts?

BL.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Beat me to it ... but wasn't it the 'Whig' party?

16. APlotdevice, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yeah, but I was trying to do a play on words. :p

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Where the hell do you come up with this stuff?

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Let's see now…

The Birther party? No…

The Trumper party? That's better, but still not quite it…

The Donner party!

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It should just be Hillary Clinton's phone number, and the mascot is Eeyore snorting a line of coke.

20. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I have nothing against the 1% (why would I, they employ me?), but it really annoys me when wealthy conservative or conservatively-leaning people are criticized meanwhile people like Hillary get a free pass.

Trump is an arrogant business man, but at least he is not cowering behind political correctness. That's why his message is resonating. I know he won't be the establishment's candidate, but he's entertaining, especially when bringing attention to some of the real issues:

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015/07/22/alien-crime-wave-in-texas-611234-crimes-2993-murders/

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I'm tired of political correctness! Let's face it everyone! All it takes is a bit of common sense to see it's all the ********, *****, *** *****, ****, and sometimes ***** that are ruining our country! Also the ******, and the ********* ****, sometimes *****, though mostly *** ***** ****, and the occasional ******** popping in that's riding welfare and stealing money from your pocket! Also, they're raping, like, everyone!

edit: Holy crap! Macrumors censored my free speech! THOUGHT POLICE! THOUGHT POLICE! GESTAPO OF THE MIIIINNNNNDDD!

22. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

There will come a time, soon, when this thread (The Donald's new party) will be the only thing we are talking about when it comes to his antics. I don't give him six months in the GOP because his ego is too big.

He's Ross Perot all over again, using humor or drama to stand in for intelligence, and stealing some good ideas from both sides and calling it his own, and trying to take credit. Donald, like Ross, is a pretender.