What will you do if Apple doesn't realeaset the new Macbook Pro by the end of Feb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. Funsocks, Feb 19, 2008.

?

What will you do if Apple doesn't realease a new Macbook Pro by the end of February?

  1. By a current model

    71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Wait for Montevina (summer)

    116 vote(s)
    62.0%
  1. Mr. Funsocks macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    #1
    What will you do if Apple doesn't realeaset the new Macbook Pro by the end of February, are there isn't any significant evidence or rumors pointing to an immenent release?

    Edit: Anyone know how to correct a typo made in the poll? I don't see a edit poll button...
     
  2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2007
    #2
    i will slit my wife's throat and then kill myself.




    nah, i hope they skip penryn altogether and go straight to montevina.
     
  3. davidec macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
  4. GAS macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    #4
    I will just smile at my MacBook Pro for a couple of minutes. Then proceed to laugh at the people who keep waiting forever and ever.
     
  5. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

    ^squirrel^

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2006
    Location:
    England
    #5
    I'm also debating self termination! :cool: <---- Arnie

    I've ordered a Macpro now, but i have 14 days to return it if a MBP comes out that meets my criteria.

    The minimum i'm looking for is....

    Penryn
    512mb VRAM
    320gb Drive (would be nice)
    Magnetic Latch (would be nice)
     
  6. BNO macrumors member

    BNO

    #6
    I'm going to wait. The MBP is meant to replace my PC as well as my MacBook and as long as these two are running fine, I can wait.
     
  7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

    t0mat0

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Home
    #7
    What will I do if Apple doesn't release the new MBP by Feb?

    I'll have a laugh adding a few comments to the Feb MBP threads.
    Maybe throw in some comments about how it might carry on till Montevina comes through June time. Not a MBP buyer, just a macrumorer, and so able to watch in mirthful interest either way.
     
  8. dsl4c macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2007
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #8
    I would cry, kick, scream and then log on here to post and whine about how I'll never by another apple product because they did it on purpose just to hurt loyal mac users.. then after they finally intro the next version praise how wonderful and great apple is.. or.. keeping whining about how apple keeps screwing me.. :)
     
  9. gazfocus macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #9
    If Apple don't release a MBP by the end of February, I will forget about it, continue to use my 2.16GHz MBP that I've just bought as a stop gap, and buy something useful with my money :)
     
  10. aiterum macrumors 6502

    aiterum

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Location:
    United States
  11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

    andiwm2003

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #11
    i'll look at my powerbook g4, smile and wait for a quad core montevina macbook pro in 2009. seriously.
     
  12. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    #12
    If there's no release by the end of Feb...

    I'm buying a current model because I sold my old imac with the intention to buy a new macbook pro immediately, only to come on here and read the rumors. Then I was thrown into the waiting game. I'm using my gross PC box right now which runs none of my software. So a mac is very much a need thing for me.
     
  13. zoran macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
  14. Paix247 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis
    #14
    I'll buy an Apple TV, Time Capsule & a tattoo.
     
  15. El Phantasmo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2005
    #15
    i have been waiting for the new MBP for months and today i just had it...

    i will sell my old ibook and imac and get a mini + 20" ACD while i keep waiting for the new MBP... (i hope the mini is faster than my g5 imac)...

    when the new mbp comes out i will give the mini to my niece... will trade it for her PC and turn it into a dedicated gaming rig exclusively to play GTR2.... (and keep the acd for the mbp)

    everybody wins...
     
  16. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

    BlizzardBomb

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2005
    Location:
    England
    #16
    2009 will be all about Nehalem. ;)
     
  17. dlewisdm macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    #17
    I will continue to think up new and inventive ways to destroy my Sony Vaio once I get my hands on a new MBP and rejoice in the thought that I will never have to deal with mediocrity again
     
  18. secretpact macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    #18
    Getting one next week no matter if a new model comes out or not, but I do hope Apple does announce a new model.
     
  19. akadmon macrumors 68010

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    Location:
    New England
    #19
    I'm tired of these Apple-centered polls that don't consider other possibilities, like:

    get a Dell
    jump off the bridge
    join a cult
    start WW III
     
  20. teleromeo macrumors 65816

    teleromeo

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    kidnapped by aliens
    #20
    the more threads like these I read the more I'm happy with my powerbook G4. Apple should start selling elevators ...
     
  21. heatmiser macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    #21
    Same here, but on my Macbook. It's fun watching folks spend months of their lives worrying about machines that will be wretchedly obsolete within a few years of release...
     
  22. joeliethegoalie macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2007
    Location:
    boulder,co
    #22
    Same here! (Unless it doesn't come out next week either...):rolleyes:

    I've been running on impulse power (aka a PB G4) in a PC work environment, awaiting the new MBP, but now not having it is becoming a real inconvenience. I'm giving Apple one more week then buying on the 26th no matter what.

    I get a pretty fat discount through work so am telling myself that it's OK to get an SR now and resell it next year when whatever comes after whatever's next is released.
     
  23. jcgnu macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2006
    #23
    I'll consider buying the current model, but since it is already soooooo overpriced, I will also consider buying another PC laptop (which was the reason why I bought this PC 4 years ago, instead of a Mac)... MBP's are really cool but for HALF the price you can get a Dell with has TWICE its features... Come on Apple, wake up!!! The iPhone certainly was the climax of your creations, but you've come to a point where you just decrease your imagination and innovation. Thus, your products become old and overpriced (like almost everything you sell right now)... That's probably why you'll never sell as much as other computer companies.
     
  24. barijazz macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    #24
    this would be the ONLY pc machine I will ever willingly touch http://www.falcon-nw.com/
     
  25. Harryt223 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    #25
    if it isn't out.. I'll just buy a current MBP.. because I need one asap.. but I don't mind waiting 1-2 weeks.. for Feb to end and see if it's out or not... :eek:
     

Share This Page