What will you do on the 11th if all the 16GB iPhones are gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnwin, Jul 1, 2008.

1. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Ok - so you turn up on the 11th only to find all the 16GB iPhones have been sold.

What do you do?

1. The sensible thing - go home and come back next week when stocks are replenished

OR

2. Buy the 8GB because you have NO SELF CONTROL (and it saves you £60, right) and regret it almost immediately?

Me? Probably 2 because I'm an idiot! :eek:

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Even though it would probably kill me to turn my back on a shop that is selling 8GB iPhone's, if the 16GB model is either a) not being sold on launch day (as rumored)
    or b) is out of stock, I'm afraid I will *force* myself to wait. I just hope the wait isn't longer than 2 weeks - otherwise, I will end up buying the 8GB model.

R-Fly

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

same, definitely number 1
    i had the 8gb iphone, and want the 16gb 3g one!!!

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Wait for new stock. :)

It is only a phone after all.
    Besides my existing iPhone is just fine and with the 2.0 software… :cool:

5. Juo100 macrumors regular

Id wait, I’ve had a 16gb iPod touch and can just get by, 8gb wont go far once you factor in all the applications that will up for grabs. Especially large ones like this rumored tomtom application, that would probably take up a 1/4 of the available storage on 8gb. Then all my photos and emails, it sure wont go far.

In short id go home annoyed/disappointed.

Im not even sure ill buy one if they only have white 16gb models, I want a black one.

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

How could a GPS app with maps and points of interest take up that much space? I compare with my Garmin Nuvi 350 with the entire US, points of interest, and sampling of city guides and language translations. It has only 700mb storage, with 200 free.

7. sara123456 macrumors member

8. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I didn't know there was a rumor the 16gig version not being available at launch. But say are there, I'm willing to buy the white one if that's all that's left, which I'd assume many to turn down and hold out for the black one.

9. johnwin thread starter macrumors 6502

johnwin

That rumour is going around but I was just considering if the 16GB's were all sold out

Interesting sub-set question - what if the only 16GBs left are the white ones? Wait for the black or go with the white?

10. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

I'd compromise on colour but never on space - I have to chop my library down to get it on the 16gb already.. the 8gb just wouldn't cut it.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'd probably flop on the ground, throw a huge tantrum, start crying like a 2-year old, then get dragged out by store security, dust myself off and grab my sleeping bag and pick out my new camping spot and wait for the delivery truck to show up Monday with more 3G iPhones...:eek::p

12. johnwin thread starter macrumors 6502

johnwin

TonyHole - good call I think.

The white phone feels as though it might be a bit girly - but that said there is a strong tradition of white :apple: products so maybe they will look better in the flesh?

13. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

100% agree.

R-Fly

14. johnwin thread starter macrumors 6502

johnwin

Most creative answer so far :)

I may consider taking the same route!

15. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Black 16GB or bust!

I bet they'll have more 16GB models... forcing people to pay more for 16GB when they only wanted to spend the money on 8GB (after the 8's run out).

16. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Sorry, don't see them running out on the 11th. If they did, I would wait.

17. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I would wait and go home and play with the v2.0 software on my existing 8gb iPhone :)

18. Jowl macrumors 6502

Yep, definatley no 8gb, I want 16gb.

I'm not sure about the white thing - I could be tempted. I'm trying to get our lass to have a white one - and I can swap if I like it :D

19. fourthtunz macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

I'm waiting to see if the new phone gets better reception than the current one. Up here in the sticks my free old phone got better reception than the Iphone, the only thing I don't like about it.
    I want the 32 gig anyway.:D

20. helloadam macrumors member

I'd be fine with the 8GB personally. I've been doing fine with 4GB iPod and a 30GB library. I would just be upset that i couldn't put as many movies/tv shows. I seriously doubt that they would run out though, especially of the white ones which don't seem to be as popular as the black.

21. sallythemac Guest

No 16GB at launch

I have been told by my local O2 shop today that there will be no 16GB iPhone 3Gs for sale on 11th and that they don't know when they will be selling them.

I'm gutted.

22. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

It makes no sense for Apple to keep hold of the 16GB model and prevent sales on a 22 country launch date.

It makes more sense for them and o2 to push the 16GB model over the 8GB model,
    due to the dramatic jump in handset prices - and the revenue this will generate.

I'm not saying they told you wrong - I just can't see this being the case.

R-Fly

23. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Wonder if they had problems with the 16gb phones and can't have them for the 11th, or if their 16gb chip supplier had problems delivering enough of them to make the 16gb models on time?

24. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'm planning on getting the 8 gig anyways. Looks like I'll have a good time! :cool: I have a music phone now and don't mind only haveing a couple playlists or a couple videos. I have an 80gb 5.5 gen iPod. So that's more than enough for my entire library if I'm going on a trip or something. Until the iPhone gets A2DP I'm not going to regret it. :D

25. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I'd cry. :p

As for color, I'm actually considering white (cause Apple was white before aluminum). But I still have to see what both look like in person.