What would an Obama administration look like?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Now, this doesn't sound like the guy McCain is describing, a guy who doesn't know how to "reach across the aisle". In fact, it sounds totally the opposite, like a guy who's open to working with all sides. He's the antithesis of the present administration.

Which means the biggest question about him is, if the Republicans dig in their heels and refuse to work with Democrats on something, is he gonna be strong enough to drop the hammer?

But overall I am heartened by this description of him, which is similar to others I've read. This would be exactly what we need right now.

(And please don't scold me for counting my chickens before they're hatched. We're speaking hypothetically here. :D )

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

Hypothetically speaking, I think this would be the type of managerial style needed at this time. One aimed at sorting out the issues, and actually affecting a positive solution, rather than a gouged, worthless, or even harmful result.

To me, the real issue would be if he can actually pull it off, as the bipartisanship of the recent past would be difficult in the beginning I think. People just don't seem to take to changing how they do things very easily. This could particularly complicated by the fact he wants to reform, as I doubt he could ever get legislation to ban, lobbyist access and influence in the legislature. To me, this is a direct attack on personal income for some at least, and that would likely get quite ugly. :(

If he can manage to get through this issue, he could be able to affect some real changes. :)

If elected, I hope he can pull this off. :)

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

http://upc.*************/uploads/gifs/woooooAmerica.gif

(sorry, because I'm not sure I just decided to take this opportunity to use that fine GIF image :eek: :D)

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Brilliant!

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

The "Best use of Zoolander Freak Gasoline Fight Accident Animation" Award goes to iBlue

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Is that what this is called?
    [​IMG]

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Why is Hillary in the front?! :rolleyes: :D

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She called shotgun, duh.

10. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

An excellent article on the kind of policy advisers that Obama enlists:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=4d40a39e-8f57-4054-bd99-94bc9d19be1a

They're grounded in empiricism, rather than the prescriptive dogma that's pervaded policy discourse on both sides of the aisle. It makes me giddy to think of the government being saturated with people like this.

11. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

ha! I knew it was a good idea to check in here first thing in the morning. :D

Brillian Gif choice iBlue!