General What would Apple have to add/change in iOS7 for you to not jailbreak?

GBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
I'm curious to know what's on everyone's list for what Apple would have to add/change in iOS7 for you to not want to jailbreak? I'm specifically posting this in the jailbreak forum rather than the iOS forum as the opinion of those who have jailbroken is all that matters.

Mine are:
-easy access to frequently used settings
-respond to text messages without leaving open app
-widgets for both lockscreen and homescreen

There are more things I'd like, but if Apple did these three things I'd probably not mess with jailbreaking.

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
I'd like 2 things.

1) Something like LockInfo for the lockscreen (including a weather widget), and 2) biteSMS's quick compose/quick reply feature.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
-One click button to kill all background apps
-ability to set default apps
-custom dictionary, a proper dictionary which can let me set words
-better Siri recognition and ability for Siri to control functions within my apps

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
-One click button to kill all background apps
-ability to set default apps
-custom dictionary, a proper dictionary which can let me set words
-better Siri recognition and ability for Siri to control functions within my apps
You can set words. I have added a million words to my dictionary. I was so happy when apple added that feature. Plus iOS6 added the ability to back up via iCloud so when you upgrade and restore the dictionary carries over.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
I just find it a sloppy method, but I've done it and have a couple words in there

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I just find it a sloppy method, but I've done it and have a couple words in there
Oh yea, totally agree. Misunderstood you. I add every word in both fields. I find it works best if you use both instead of just the one required field.

They definitely could improve it though. No doubt.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Only reason I say this is because I'm sure there's a ton of people out there don't know about this trick. They probably think its for shortcuts and type the wrong words .

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
- f.lux - this is absolutely essential - shame on Apple for not implementing the same
- call recording for iPhones
- Quasar for iPads
- Display Recorder
- Skype Recorder
- InfiniDock
- FullScreen for iPad
- symlinks between apps for easy file sharing (think of for example sharing multi-gigabyte video files between players) - essential for video / movie buffs that use two or more third-party players to play the same movies depending on the external environment (is e.g. brightness boosting needed)
- a "top"-like way to find out what daemon / app is causing 100% CPU load (see my yesterday's post on this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1586046 ; there, Apple's own iCloud synchronizer has turned out to be the culprit)
etc.

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
themes, like complete themes. Change carrier logo. Maybe a cursor of some sort. and an unofficial store for these tweaks that you can install. They never can really replace jailbreaking though. It's grown way too big.

dcpmark

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Simultaneous voice/data on Verizon. I didn't think I would, but I really miss that feature coming from my HTC Thunderbolt.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
The only way they'll get me to update is if iOS 7 comes pre-jailbroken. Which is not going to happen so I'll wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak to come out before I update.