General What would Apple have to add/change in iOS7 for you to not jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GBR, May 23, 2013.

1. GBR macrumors 6502

I'm curious to know what's on everyone's list for what Apple would have to add/change in iOS7 for you to not want to jailbreak? I'm specifically posting this in the jailbreak forum rather than the iOS forum as the opinion of those who have jailbroken is all that matters.

Mine are:
    -easy access to frequently used settings
    -respond to text messages without leaving open app
    -widgets for both lockscreen and homescreen

There are more things I'd like, but if Apple did these three things I'd probably not mess with jailbreaking.

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I'd like 2 things.

1) Something like LockInfo for the lockscreen (including a weather widget), and 2) biteSMS's quick compose/quick reply feature.

3. Ent macrumors regular

-One click button to kill all background apps
    -ability to set default apps
    -custom dictionary, a proper dictionary which can let me set words
    -better Siri recognition and ability for Siri to control functions within my apps

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You can set words. I have added a million words to my dictionary. I was so happy when apple added that feature. Plus iOS6 added the ability to back up via iCloud so when you upgrade and restore the dictionary carries over.

5. Ent macrumors regular

I just find it a sloppy method, but I've done it and have a couple words in there

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Oh yea, totally agree. Misunderstood you. I add every word in both fields. I find it works best if you use both instead of just the one required field.

They definitely could improve it though. No doubt.

7. Ent macrumors regular

Only reason I say this is because I'm sure there's a ton of people out there don't know about this trick. They probably think its for shortcuts and type the wrong words .

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

- f.lux - this is absolutely essential - shame on Apple for not implementing the same
    - call recording for iPhones
    - Quasar for iPads
    - Display Recorder
    - Skype Recorder
    - InfiniDock
    - FullScreen for iPad
    - symlinks between apps for easy file sharing (think of for example sharing multi-gigabyte video files between players) - essential for video / movie buffs that use two or more third-party players to play the same movies depending on the external environment (is e.g. brightness boosting needed)
    - a "top"-like way to find out what daemon / app is causing 100% CPU load (see my yesterday's post on this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1586046 ; there, Apple's own iCloud synchronizer has turned out to be the culprit)
    etc.

9. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

themes, like complete themes. Change carrier logo. Maybe a cursor of some sort. and an unofficial store for these tweaks that you can install. They never can really replace jailbreaking though. It's grown way too big.

10. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Simultaneous voice/data on Verizon. I didn't think I would, but I really miss that feature coming from my HTC Thunderbolt.

11. .Asa macrumors regular

The only way they'll get me to update is if iOS 7 comes pre-jailbroken. Which is not going to happen so I'll wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak to come out before I update.