What would be the cheapest way to buy this type of laptop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by piatti, Mar 14, 2012.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You generally can't get laptop cases that you can subsequently put components in. Nor are laptop motherboards common.

3. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

Ok. Is there something like an iPad except that you can actually use it like a computer (run Windows 7 on it?) I like the iPad in that you can type directly on the screen and you can lay the screen on the table which is much more ergonomical than having it upright like a laptop since you can lean your whole torso towards the table in the former but have to bend the neck upwards while leaning the torso in the latter which is ergonomic disaster. Plus you can touch the screen instead using the mouse.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

the iPad doesn't run on an Intel chip, so you're not going to be able to run Windows 7 on it. Also the iPad is locked to IOS, and it's unlikely you would managed to jailbreak it and manage to hack on a different OS.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Your signature says:
    "Version 10.6.8 15'' MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM (bought early 2010)"

That Mac is better than that computer you want to "build", except with a different screen.

6. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

i don't like the MBP trackpad (too hard to the touch) and the keyboard (not as easy to type as the VAIO I mentioned).

And I would definitely prefer the MBP screen to the others.