What would be the deal breaker for you for the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CallOfDuty, Aug 21, 2012.

1. CallOfDuty, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

I've seen many threads talking about how ugly the new iPhone is, how weird the elongated screen is going to look, the headphone jack at the bottom, the new dock connector....
    As much as I wanted to persuade and try to convince you guys that it is actually really nothing (To me). But look, I can't. If its difficult for others to convince me I guess I can't do the same to others either.
    So, what's the 'leaked and perhaps 'almost confirmed' feature that is going to be the deal breaker for you for the next iPhone?

Perhaps these key things can help you decide. You can choose more than 1 option.

1. A simply elongated 4 inch screen

2. Headphone jack at the bottom of the phone

3. New dock connector (Smaller, incompatible with current cables)

4. It is most probably not going to have a quad core chip due to LTE issues. So, maybe a die shrunk A5 chip is a deal breaker.

5. Same design.

6. Two toned back.

7. Same 8 megapixel camera (< Many people are saying it will have the same one.)

8. No LTE

Feel free to voice out your comments, and add in more options if I missed any.
    For me, its simply no. 4. I'm fine with whatever Apple throws at me, even if I had to throw my 4 iPhone usb cables from the previous generations. I'm fine with the 4S design. But please NO Die shrunk A5.

And maybe 7. I understand that the 4S camera is good enough. But I'm a heavy casual of the iPhone camera and takes snapshots of almost everything interesting, including that last spill of milk my kid made. So, better cameras wouldn't hurt right?

2. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

worser battery life :eek:
    and maybe if they don't upgrade the chip, hopefully A6 Quad-Core

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

For me, Everything you listed is a pro aside from #4 and #7.

#4 I think it will be a significant increase with whatever chip they choose

#7 If it is 8mp the optics will improve which is really all that matters.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

All pro for me. Nothing that will be a deal breaker. If its wider, than yes, a deal breaker. ;)

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Too much wider would be a deal breaker and no LTE would be a deal breaker.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as a verizon customer with terrible 3g speeds, i've decided awhile ago that my next phone would have lte and enough battery life to last a full day's use. if the next iphone doesn't have this, i may look elsewhere.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't see a deal breaker for me unless it is just $$
    I have to decide if I want to spend the money, not which phone to get

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Non LTE would be the only one I can think of. I don't care for a lot of things it's doing(elongated screen, two tone, headphone at the bottom) but even with those taken into consideration the Apple ecosystem as a whole outweighs those. Leaving out LTE would be the only one.

9. lazard macrumors 65816

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

No LTE, and no ram upgrade.

Then im joining the darkside.

11. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

It would take a lot to be a deal breaker for me, I love all off my electronics work together so effortlessly. My iPhone, my iPad, my MBP, my Apple TV... It would be hard for me to switch to something like the GS3... but I will be using it for the next month, so we shall see.

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

13. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

There isn't really a deal breaker for me. I've tried several Androids and always ended up coming back to the iPhone. If the battery life is less than the 4S then I will hang onto my 4S longer though.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Deal breaker for me would be my iPhone 4 hasn't blown up and left me with no phone. Certainly not in any hurry to run out and get this new one.

15. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

16. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It would need a much better battery (like the RAZR Maxx) and LTE for me to even consider it. Also, having used the Nexus 7 for a few weeks now, it'll have to be pretty impressive to make me not jump ship for the next Nexus phone.

17. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

18. xraytech macrumors 68020

Don't understand why people hate the possibility that the headphone jack is at the bottom of the phone.

Wasn't an issue with iPod Touch users.

19. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Same processor and no-LTE. I'm a speed demon, and if there were no performance or cellular enhancements then I really wouldn't feel the need to update.

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Because when I have my headphones plugged in and need to drop the phone into a cupholder or something, I either have to place it upside down or bend the cable on the headphones (which will eventually ruin them).

21. irDigital0l Guest

New design: design needs to change or I already have the iPhone 5 (the iPhone 4 which is also the iPhone 4S)

LTE: Yea, if iPhone 5 doesn't have it, no go.

Larger screen: #1 thing.

Camera: Don't mind if 8MP camera remains the same, i want a better front facing camera this year.

NFC: meh...if it doesn't have it I want be mad

Thinner, lighter, better battery: Honestly my iPhone 4 still has great battery so if they just have at least one of these than its +1.

Updated UI: Apple really needs to update the UI. No I'm not talking about widgets and 3D wallpapers. Talking about making the icons dynamic, refreshed, the colors in some apps to look more sleek and modern. Notification Center and Multitasking to get better UI.

22. acidflame macrumors member

I dont want lte and if it has it, I want to be able to disable or have it removed! Seriously what android phone with lte has good battery life that isnt the size of a brick with a extended battery? LTE requires two radios at the moment because it doesnt carry voice yet, so 3g and lte are active at the same time and thats why I dont want it.

Nothing is a deal breaker for me else wise, Just if it has lte Id like to be able to disable it. I actually like the leaked design, Two tone looks SOOO sweet. the 4 inch screen is meh, battery drain but I wont mind it.

23. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

This, I'm going to be ruining some headphone cables in my car with the iPhone 5.

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

LOL....saying these phones are the same device is like saying I am my father or I am my sister. I'm definitely neither and there are major differences in each. Worrying so much about the outside appearance is ridiculous and to go so far as to say the new leaked design is just like the current design is just plain ignorant because it completely ignores the total reegineeering of the device's casing, assembly, and finish.

25. irDigital0l Guest

Not really. Used both of them.

iPhone 4S really is just an iPhone 4 with Siri.

Everyone said Siri was going to be huge (when it works), everything else it was hard to tell. Maybe pictures with better saturation and web pages might load 3 seconds faster. All in all, its pretty much the same.