What would IP5 have to have to give up unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

I have nothing to base this on but if ATT makes you change your data plan in order to buy the iphone 5, what features would it have to have, if any, for you to give up your unlimited plan.

I really think the unlimited plan is on a short leash with ATT and In hoping im wrong.

Me, personally, theres nothing on the iphone 5 that would make me change and I will fight to the death to keep the unlimited plan. Might be the first time I actually finish out a contract.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The iPhone 5 has nothing to do with the data plan option, currently many people have been 'grandfathered' in to keep our existing unlimited plans, but whats to keep AT&T from changing the Terms of Services tomorrow eliminating the option for anyone to have unlimited.

You can fight it all you want, AT&T will win in the end. Same goes for Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.

3. aluren macrumors 65816

Bigger screen with same retina display
    Antenna fix and improvement
    Longer battery life
    Thinner
    64/128GB storage
    1GB ram
    Newer CPU, perhaps 1Ghz dual core
    Better cameras
    Additional speakers

All of the above and I will consider giving up unlimited. But if AT&T really wants to end unlimited, they could easily just do it once our current contract expires. It's out of our controls.

4. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't understand your answer, we are grandfathered in with the iphone 4, ATT can very easily say that in order to buy the iphone 5, you must chose one of the existing plans that are available. If i misread your answer i apologize. My question is just a " what if" and not saying it will happen. Just asking IF they gave you the choice of keeping the iphone 4 and unlimited or going to the new plans on a new phone, what features would make you think about giving it up while the choice of changing it is still in your hands.

5. Syk macrumors 6502a

For right now I can't think of anything for iP5 that would make me switch.
    I like having unlimited data and use netflix and other streaming apps daily.
    If they redo their data plans to maybe 5gig vs 2gig for $25 I would.

So for me to switch to the next one other than my phone breaks would probably mean that the latest iOS isn't supported and newer apps won't run on my current phone

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Throw in an led notification light and I'll upgrade.