Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I need it for work but if circumstances changed or had a different job, and had another way of getting lots of news at once. Yeah. I'd probably do it.

Because I'm a news addict. The only sites I visit are the BBC site, game news sites, macrumors (frontpage) and Twitter/Facebook.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I could certainly live without it. I just wouldn't have all the conveniences or monetary opportunities I currently have.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
...As per me, tough call, as I use it everyday in a multitude of facets but in all honesty, I would do it for a mill or two. How about you?

give me a million or two and I'd forget all about the interwebs easy and fast (once the check clears)

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
100 billion dollars.

I figure I could use some of that to fake my own death, assume a new identity, and buy my own private island with a high speed internet connection and no one would ever know that I was still using the internet :D

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Once my student days are over, having a hot wife would probably be enough.

yeaah..

plenty of money, nice home on some tropical island, hot wife... the only technology i would want would be my ipod for music. other than that I would be good. :D

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
100 billion dollars.

I figure I could use some of that to fake my own death, assume a new identity, and buy my own private island with a high speed internet connection and no one would ever know that I was still using the internet :D

For 100 billion, I'd buy a private island with constant shipments of books, movies, booze, etc.

To hell with the rest of it.

And, women. Don't forget the women.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
Unlimited cars, a big garage and a house all expenses paid and free gas. Wait, there is a check engine light? Lets read the code. I'll just go look it - "O F&$*"

I would not give it up. It's too useful. The things I would want to do with millions of dollars would require access to the internet unless i had an "internet person"

StvenH90

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
Florida
Maybe $100 million, idk... I make money of the internet and it currently pays my bills. I am sure the type of work I want as my dream job, would require internet for communications and work it self.

So I say, a bullet to the temple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.