What would make the 5c sell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple-cs, Sep 22, 2013.

1. apple-cs macrumors member

Apple neglected to release the preorder numbers for the iPhone 5C, so my question is what would you do to make the 5C more attractive?

2. rh1 macrumors member

More attractive than it already has been? Available for pre-oder, available and new colours, and now available for shipping in 24 hours?

Don't be mistaken but the iPhone 5c is selling like hot cakes.

Pre-order numbers will come this week after both iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are on sale. Expect to hear they sold between 5-6 million iPhones on launch weeked alone, and yes that would be 5-6 million iPhones in 3 days.

3. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Make it free with a 2 year contract. Drop the 4s completely.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

5. rh1 macrumors member

This won't happen, and would make no economic sense. Why give them out for free if you can't make them fast enough in the first place.

Free is what you get from carriers when the hold promotions and discounts (Black Friday, Christmas etc). So expect this to come, but not from Apple on launch day.

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I'm just Von tell you the 5c is selling. It's selling really good actually. Don't be surprised when you hear they sole 6 to 9 million iPhones in the first 3 days with 65% of those being the 5c. Now granted the 5s was shorter on stock then the 5c. Which is also why the 5c isn't "sold out". It's not hard to sell out of a phone when stores are getting 6 16 gb, 5 32 gb, and 4 64 gb iPhone 5s. The store I was at had a line of about 60. I was fourth in line and they had 15 5s's to fulfill that and had 30 5c's or 6 of each color. When I checked out they had 1.64 gb 5s, 1 16 gb yellow 5c and 2 32 gb pink 5c's left. That's out of 30 phones... It's selling