what would you buy with 400$ (apple related products)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tootall, Nov 6, 2011.

1. tootall macrumors regular

I probably have the best in-laws in the world; for X-Mas they give their children and spouses 400$ each in gifts that they choose from a list. I am big apple fanboy, what should I put on my list?

2. tootall thread starter macrumors regular

A refurbished iPad is great advice, the problem is that I am true fanboy and have bought most of the big ticket items... I was more thinking about small items such as stands or software. Plus I'd rather give them a list of small things to buy from which they can choose so they can spend as much as they want rather than being committed to the 400$ budget; this way there is also the element of surprise and they would feel they buy me a gift that I want instead of me placing an order...

here is a few I found, tell me what you think:

• BulletTrain Aluminum eXpress Keyboard Platform for Magic Trackpad and Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
    • Apple iPad2 dock
    • Elgato HD Home Run
    • Interlink Bluetooth Touchpad Remote by SMK
    • Just Mobile Xtand for iPhone
    • Just Mobile Encore Stand for iPad

3. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

4. tootall thread starter macrumors regular

thanks Vantage, that is a product I did know about. It would be great at the office. Because it connects via bluetooth can I use it as an external speaker for my MBP?

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

6. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

The reviews on this product are fantastic. What is more impressive is that Apple has the best price at $299. It lists for $399 and Amazon sells it for $369. One of the few bargains from the apple store.