What would you do if a kid ran by and accidentally hit your iPhone onto the ground?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lambo, Aug 13, 2008.

1. lambo macrumors regular

Like, you're just walking around in some store, checkin' out da furniture, havin' a grand ol' time.

And BAM! All of a sudden two kids are running around playing tag, don't see you, run straight into you, knock the iPhone out of your hands, and the iPhone falls straight onto the ground and gets shattered?

Then the kids are just staring at you completely scared. :eek:

What would you do? :confused:

(Completely fake story, never happened to me but could happen.)

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

tell the parents that they NEED to control their kids and they NEED to pay for any damages (if any) to the phone

I freaking HATE kids, and i hate it even MORE when kids are runnng around in a store with their parents not even paying attention. Whatever the kid does is the responsibily of the parent.. and if there is REAL damage, they need to take care of it.

3. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

completely fake answer to a completely fake question:

put them on a rocket to the sun

edit: or feed them to reptar

[​IMG]

4. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

... and I'll laugh in your face

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well if there are two of them just knock their heads together.
    Hard.

Children should be on leash in public areas.

6. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

two options:
    1. Slap them
    2. slap them hard.

7. docc macrumors 6502

Wow. You are going to be an awesome parent. Not.

8. lambo thread starter macrumors regular

Wait, seriously, what would you do?

You would actually make the kids pay for the damages? That's kind of harsh...

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Thanks! I think so too. :D

However, why do you assume I am going to be a parent or even want to be one?
    Besides I am way past my child-bringing-up age. ;)

10. docc macrumors 6502

Phew...:D

11. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I think realistically it would depend onthe kids parents. If they seemed sensible reasonable people I would expect them to offer to pay. If they were tattoo covered knuckle dragging neanderthals I might just pick up the fragments of my phone and sidle off to avoid the inevitable pasting......

12. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

no, i would make the PARENTS pay for the damages.. and if i were the parents, i would make the kids work off the cost of the damages... but yea, the parents NEED to learn to control their kids in public and if their kids break things, they NEED to be held responsible.

I am SICK AND TIRED of kids running aorund like crazy in public places. I saw two kids playing tag inside a restaurant. NOT ACCEPTABLE!! i also want to trip ANY kids i see wearing WHEELIES!

13. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

as if you can do anything about it lol

btw, so true about those wheelies shoes

14. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Umm, me and my husband are tattoo covered (not knuckle dragging) and would NEVER let our kids (if we had them) do something like that in the first place.

15. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Well, if it was that 13 yr old kid from the, "Am I young for a 3G owner?" thread, it'd be simple: Just swap 'phones and SIM cards and that's that.:)

I love 'phones with SIM cards. So glad to be shot of Sprint!

16. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

easy to say but when you are forehead to forehead with a 6'6" bodybuilder you might take my course of action.....

17. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Do what I do.

Stare at the phone on the ground for exactly 10 seconds. Then look up to the sky rubbing your chin as though trying to restrain huge amounts of rage. Then walk up to the parents and whisper quietly (while trembling as though concealing rage) "I know it was an accident... *pause and look around* ...but please restrain your children from... *pause + eyelide flicker* ...pissing me off!"

The usual response is "C'mon kids were off!"

18. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Easy to say when you don't have kids

19. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

and umm, you CAN do something about it. Distruction of private property. If my phone was BROKEN i would keep them there and call the police.My phone is NOT cheap..

I mean, if a kid put a scratch in your car with his bike that would cost OVER $500 to replace or fix, wouldnt you file a report?

I know its just a phone, but its an EXPENSIVE phone.

20. TonyMil macrumors member

Find the parents and expect them to pay for the damages.

21. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

By the time the cops appeared (after like 4 hours). They'll be long gone.... see ya

btw, how you gonna call the cops when your phone is broken?

22. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i might not HAVE kids, but i was a kid, and my parents would have whooped me if a acted that way in public, or we would just leave.. it would be UNACCEPTABLE. it is not hard to control kids, but the new school train of thought were smacking a kid on the butt and scaring them is not good just makes in impossible.

They might be long gone, but i would follow them to their car with the liscence number. If you file a report cops HAVE to follow through.

23. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I like your thinking. WOuld dragging your knuckles help with this scenario too?

24. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I would, well, knowing a situation like this it would end up being the parents that would have to pay for it. I would not pay another $200+ for a phone and have to go through the hassle with Apple and AT&T about subsidized and unsubsidized prices. I would have grabbed the kids by the arms, taken them to their parents, show the phone and explain the story to their parent, and then tell the parent that they must pay to have it replaced, and I would also expect a little bit extra too for the inconvenience of not having a working phone for a day or two.

I also would have gotten all the information of the parent, name, address, telephone number, ect, just to make sure that they do not get off clean, and if they refused to pay, then file a report with the police.