iPhone XS Max What would you do if a random person asks if he can use your new iPhone Xs Max?

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Since this phone is the most expensive phone ever. What would you guys do in a situation where you were lets say at a mall or somewhere in public and a stranger asks if he can use your phone to make a quick call due to an emergency. What would you do?

I'm especially curious to know what you caseless and naked iphone xs max users would do.

iPhone XS Max

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018
Since this phone is the most expensive phone ever. What would you guys do in a situation where you were lets say at a mall or somewhere in public and a stranger asks if he can use your phone to make a quick call due to an emergency. What would you do?

I'm especially curious to know what you caseless and naked iphone xs max users would do.
Sorry phone about to die. There is a person right next to me. I’m sure they will let you use their phone.

Reactions: dukebound85

Kiimora

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
No “effing” way o_O!! Not gonna happen unless it’s a matter of life & death, well if it’s out of the purse that is.

tengorazon

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
Pull my work iPhone 7 in an ugly black case out of my other pocket and offer to make a call for him.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
Had people ask to use my iPhone years ago in CA. No. No. .. & no. Not making a call for them either unless it’s an obvious emergency. You can thank evil people.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Malls have stores. Stores have phones so no. Not even worried about someone stalking my phone or breaking it. That’s just not the place and only / first option I’d use if the tables were turned.

Beyond that though. If someone legit needed to make a call I’d let them.

Reactions: smirking

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
If it's a Mall there are others to help. A restaurant, same thing.

So its not really a dilemma. If you're alone and this happens.....run

Remember, if confronted about anything, always run away.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.