What would you do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Mar 13, 2012.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I purchased an unlocked iPhone 4s from the Apple store Sunday. I switched it on vibrate for the first time today only to realize it doesn't sound as quit as my AT&T 4s did. It's loud and makes that camera rattle sound. This video on youtube is exactly how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBinBlxoCNA

I even compared it to my sister's iPhone 4s and hers is much more quit and doesn't make this loud of a vibrate. It's really annoying when sitting on a desk.

Long story short, I called the Apple store and made a Genius appointment for tomorrow night. The operator guy said they'll look at it and despite buying it two days ago, he couldn't guarantee I'd get a replacement. I'm hoping the genius rep acknowledges the phone vibrates "differently" or I'm SOL?

2. Fudd macrumors member

3. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I forgot to mention I purchased AppleCare+ with the new 4s. He said if they find a problem they'll switch over the AppleCare+.

4. Fudd macrumors member

If they find a problem, do they give you a new phone or a remanufactured piece? If they give you a new phone, does that count as one of the two free replacements available under applecare?

I never buy those extra plans so not really sure how that would be better than just simply returning it. :p