What would you say to/ask Steve Jobs if you met him face to face?

greygray

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
I would ask:" What's up with Flash eh? " :rolleyes: :D Nah. Probably just a complement like " Hey, you look great in that turtle-neck! "

What would you say?

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
I'd take my UBMB and show him the ports

"Steve, look at it. You can't use the damn ports, they're too close together. And the damn display port adaptor doesn't work. You've gone too far in the cause of form, please, step back a bit and give function more of a chance"

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I would ask why Apple stopped caring about quality control, function AND form and why they insist on taking options away from their customers.

Or perhaps I would simply state that it's a shame what's become of Apple since gaining more popularity.

arkitect

macrumors 603
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
What little I know of Jobs, I think you'll flummox him with both questions.
Sack that english designer bloke, you know how designers can't stop bloody fiddling, he needs to stop.
He won't be able to understand the logic of that… why form should come second to function. If he does, then Macs would be far better designed.
Oh and fancy a pint?
And again. I think this is so far out of his frame of reference he'd probably not know what you were talking about.
I actually think you'd have better chance of a pint with Schiller — if you throw in a couple of pies — or Gates… ;)

I would ask why Apple stopped caring about quality control, function AND form and why they insist on taking options away from their customers.
Exactly right.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I honestly dont think most would not start off with a hand shake and pleasantries.

Then the questions.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ :D Yup. That's how it works with these hypothetical meetings.

In reality if I saw Steve Jobs I'd probably think to myself "hey, there's Steve Jobs!" and carry on with my day. Which is pretty much how I've reacted to most "famous" sightings over the years. With the exception of Brad Pitt, who actually spoke to me. (yes, really.)

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC

Or perhaps I would simply state that it's a shame what's become of Apple since gaining more popularity.
This. And I'd say "I know this is a rediculous question but you are Steve Jobs. I would absolutely love a MBA."