What you guys think of this MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dime4dice, Nov 30, 2015.

1. dime4dice macrumors newbie

dime4dice

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's a good deal if you need a new Mac. B&H is a good company.

3. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

I would go for it. You get a lot of stuff for free with it so that's a plus as well.

I'm still waiting for mine in the mail

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

5. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Personally I would hold off as very shortly this model will be two generations behind and the 2016 Mac portables will be significantly improved with Skylake 6th Gen architecture. Of course if your need is now and or your on a budget, then this is a fair deal, not stellar mind...

Q-6

7. dime4dice thread starter macrumors newbie

dime4dice

i don't really need it now. im still using my HP laptop but i am tired and been wanting to go to mac. i figured i havent placed the order for that macbook because its from 2014. i just figured it would be a good setup for that price. but then again you have a 2015 imac 27inch (1799) with better specs....i think lol

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I would just slow it down, you will still be able to source discounted models next year and likely the 2015`s, is what it is "old stock" hence the pricing.

Q-6

9. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep thats a retina macbook pro the same as you would get from anywhere for a 2014 model.

10. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

I have to disagree with Q6 (sorry, brah).

First gen Apple products are notorious for being problematic and/or underpowered (spec'd poorly relative to 2nd gen). Don't forget you'll pay a premium for the new form factor (R&D ain't cheap). Just what the world needs: a thinner, less 'pro' rMBP.

$1800 for the high end 15" is significantly less than the going rate on Apple's site of $2500. The '14-'15 model years are barely different, minus a tweaked trackpad that's no better or no worse.

11. Queen6, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

NP :)

On that I definitely agree...Personally I am hoping for a design change, however not reduced functionality & thermal envelope. The thin & light thing is just getting old as the trade offs are getting worse, then again Apple produce consumer devices and that`s exactly what they churn out these days...

Q-6

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree, given the small spec bump we saw in 2015, the listed model is a nice deal.