What You Listening To On Your 5 and 6 Series Phones?

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
I thought I start a thread about what music you're listening to while just chilling out with your iPhones.

Currently playing some Daley "Days + Nights" on my 6+. This cat is out of London and the music is smooth!:cool:

Last edited:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Even if this was on topic, what does an iPhone 5 or 6 have to do with what music you like?

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Even if this was on topic, what does an iPhone 5 or 6 have to do with what music you like?
Actually, I've seen more absurd topics on this forum. The gist of this topic was to simply get a feel for what music folks are playing on their phones while on the site. Obviously, you misunderstood the meaning of my topic.

----------

Sexion d'assault = ma direction
French flavored Hip/Hop....that's cool.:cool: Thanks for sharing!

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Spotify. I love Spotify. Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Burial, and Boards of Canada comprise my latest playlist in heavy rotation. Good for spacing out, and detaching from reality :D:D:D:D

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 65832
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Pandora Radio rotation of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Tupac, AC/DC, GunsNRoses, Brandy, Linkin Park, Run DMC, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Notorious BIG, and Beyoncé

----------

I have a **** load of songs on my iPhone but sometimes I can't decide wtf to listen too lol. That's the beauty of Pandora and iTunes radio lol.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Most of the music I listen is from early 2000s and early. Don't like modern music that much.

Whitney Houston's greatest hits
Spice world (don't judge lol)
The essential Michael Jackson
Backstreet boys the hits

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Spotify. I love Spotify. Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Burial, and Boards of Canada comprise my latest playlist in heavy rotation. Good for spacing out, and detaching from reality :D:D:D:D
Speaking of Spotify...I had it for my Mac Book but never really used it but when I did I found the sound quality of their streams excellent and extent of their catalogue quite large.

Now that I have an iPhone (first one) I'll probably get another subscription. I wonder what Apple is going to do with Beats in relationship to the streaming side?

Anyway, thanks for jogging my memory about Spotify!:)

Peace and enjoy the music!:cool:

fulton

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Spotify and Pandora, streaming free on T-mobile via bluetooth during my long commutes. I love everything. But right now I'm listening to some Jackson 5, Hall & Oates, Jack Johnson, Radiohead, Kenny Rogers and Sublime. Yes, it's eclectic.

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
Most of the music I listen is from early 2000s and early. Don't like modern music that much.

Backstreet boys the hits
I now feel 100 years old!

If I want to relive the good old days and be an old fart about my music it's Def Leppard and Blondie and Queen. (I remember the first time I ever saw a music video, it was Michael Jackson's Thriller and I was walking through a Montgomery Ward's and it was playing on a setup there in the Electronics Dept. I was about 13 and just stood there stunned.)

As to what I'm listening to now there is some Keane and The Killers on my iPhone. And if I don't judge you for Spice World, do not judge me for Adam Lambert! And no, I'm not a Sparkle Cow!

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Queuing up some Black Keys "Turn Blue" on my phone/Beats wireless while watching the Alabama and Texas A&M game. Luv that CD!

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Sorta glad this thread is taking on some life because artists and music that I'm not aware of will give me the unique opportunity to take a listen. And that's cool!:cool:

Nikacq

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
I stream music off spotify. And idk why but I've been really into Coldplay again.

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
I stream music off spotify. And idk why but I've been really into Coldplay again.
Personally, I think ColdPlay's first CD (Parachutes) was their best because to me they're better when their music takes on a mellower flavor.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Backstreet boys the hits
Please remove yourself to the corner of shame.

Imagine Dragons
The Script
Snow Potrol
Cold Play
Hosier
One Republic

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I have 3,814 songs on my 6 plus, I tend to just shuffle play all of them. I have many different genres pop standards, alternative, bluegrass, classic rock, folk, funk, r&b etc...

The music dates from the 40's through 2014, I really like to be constantly surprised by what plays next, plus it drives the wife and kids nuts to jump through all of those years and music types.

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Wow, the thread police just showed up! Probably burned a lot of Beatles and Little Richard albums back in the day!