What You Listening To On Your 5 and 6 Series Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arftech, Oct 17, 2014.

1. arftech, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

arftech macrumors regular

arftech

I thought I start a thread about what music you're listening to while just chilling out with your iPhones.

Currently playing some Daley "Days + Nights" on my 6+. This cat is out of London and the music is smooth!:cool:

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Even if this was on topic, what does an iPhone 5 or 6 have to do with what music you like?

3. stasha macrumors 6502

4. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Actually, I've seen more absurd topics on this forum. The gist of this topic was to simply get a feel for what music folks are playing on their phones while on the site. Obviously, you misunderstood the meaning of my topic.

----------

French flavored Hip/Hop....that's cool.:cool: Thanks for sharing!

5. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Spotify. I love Spotify. Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Burial, and Boards of Canada comprise my latest playlist in heavy rotation. Good for spacing out, and detaching from reality :D:D:D:D

6. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Pandora Radio rotation of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Tupac, AC/DC, GunsNRoses, Brandy, Linkin Park, Run DMC, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Notorious BIG, and Beyoncé

----------

I have a **** load of songs on my iPhone but sometimes I can't decide wtf to listen too lol. That's the beauty of Pandora and iTunes radio lol.

7. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Most of the music I listen is from early 2000s and early. Don't like modern music that much.

Whitney Houston's greatest hits
    Spice world (don't judge lol)
    The essential Michael Jackson
    Backstreet boys the hits

8. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Speaking of Spotify...I had it for my Mac Book but never really used it but when I did I found the sound quality of their streams excellent and extent of their catalogue quite large.

Now that I have an iPhone (first one) I'll probably get another subscription. I wonder what Apple is going to do with Beats in relationship to the streaming side?

Anyway, thanks for jogging my memory about Spotify!:)

Peace and enjoy the music!:cool:

9. fulton macrumors newbie

Spotify and Pandora, streaming free on T-mobile via bluetooth during my long commutes. I love everything. But right now I'm listening to some Jackson 5, Hall & Oates, Jack Johnson, Radiohead, Kenny Rogers and Sublime. Yes, it's eclectic.

10. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

11. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

I now feel 100 years old!

If I want to relive the good old days and be an old fart about my music it's Def Leppard and Blondie and Queen. (I remember the first time I ever saw a music video, it was Michael Jackson's Thriller and I was walking through a Montgomery Ward's and it was playing on a setup there in the Electronics Dept. I was about 13 and just stood there stunned.)

As to what I'm listening to now there is some Keane and The Killers on my iPhone. And if I don't judge you for Spice World, do not judge me for Adam Lambert! And no, I'm not a Sparkle Cow!

12. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Air Supply- two less lonely people in the world

14. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Queuing up some Black Keys "Turn Blue" on my phone/Beats wireless while watching the Alabama and Texas A&M game. Luv that CD!

15. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Neil MacGregor's 'Germany: Memories of a Nation'.

16. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Sorta glad this thread is taking on some life because artists and music that I'm not aware of will give me the unique opportunity to take a listen. And that's cool!:cool:

17. Nikacq macrumors newbie

I stream music off spotify. And idk why but I've been really into Coldplay again.

18. arftech, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Personally, I think ColdPlay's first CD (Parachutes) was their best because to me they're better when their music takes on a mellower flavor.

19. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Please remove yourself to the corner of shame.

Imagine Dragons
    The Script
    Snow Potrol
    Cold Play
    Hosier
    One Republic

20. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have 3,814 songs on my 6 plus, I tend to just shuffle play all of them. I have many different genres pop standards, alternative, bluegrass, classic rock, folk, funk, r&b etc...

The music dates from the 40's through 2014, I really like to be constantly surprised by what plays next, plus it drives the wife and kids nuts to jump through all of those years and music types.

21. cymolia macrumors 6502a

22. N2PVP macrumors member

N2PVP

23. arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

Wow, the thread police just showed up! Probably burned a lot of Beatles and Little Richard albums back in the day!

24. justindavis098 macrumors member

Sam Smith with my zip buds. Most days at work I listen to sound tracks such as the lord of the rings etc :).