What're you doing to get rid of your current iPhone and to a i7/7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SS4Luck, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SS4Luck macrumors regular

SS4Luck

I owe $625 on my 6S+ (I was trying to hold out with my 6+ to wait for the 7, but I ran over my phone with my tractor and had no choice but to get a new phone). I haven't had the phone long enough to be able to upgrade with no fee, so I'm going to end up paying ~$200 and turning in my 6S+ to get my 7+

I just hate that JB has finally come out and everything and I'm selling my soul right back to apple and praying for an iOS 10 JB coming quickly.

So what are y'all doing to get you're new iPhone?

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

Uhm.... made the final payment required for upgrade and plan to order my new phone tonight. I can't be bothered with the paying it off and trying to sell it like we did last year. It took months before we got rid of it... so back to ATT it goes!

3. thedru13 macrumors regular

I have had good luck on Swappa. I keep my phones in good condition and pay full price for them. I usually come out of pocket around 300 or less when I upgrade.

4. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

Paying $374 to "buy" my 6s 64gb from Sprint's iPhone Forever. Then pre-ordering a Black 7 128gb with Apple's iPhone Upgrade program!

Question: Since I am not already on Apple's Upgrade Program, and can't sign up ahead of time on Apple's website (from what I can find), how do I pre-order my 7? Just go on Apple website at pre-order time and sign up for Apple's Program then? Also, how does Apple bill for the monthly payments on the device? Do they add it to your wireless bill or are they separate?

Don't mean to thread jack :p

5. radioking macrumors regular

You have to give them a credit card and the payments are made through that.

6. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

Thanks! Does anyone know how much monthly payments a 128gb 7 will cost with Sprint? Through Apple, would be $36.58, but I'm currently only paying $15 on my 6s and have been since December.

7. DrewDaHilp1, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Selling on Craigslist.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    How does Swappa work? Are they like Fleabay in regards to they always take the buyers side?

ETA: Never mind answered my own question.

"Buy safe with PayPal protections
    On Swappa, we use PayPal for payments because they provide extensive buyer and seller protections. Get what was advertised or get a refund. Period."

No thanks, not worth getting scammed.

8. radioking macrumors regular

For future reference, you realize that you could of gotten a 6+ for $329 with an out of warranty replacement from Apple.

9. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I've used Swappa to purchase and recently sold for the first time and I didn't have any problems. It sold two days after listing and I shipped via USPS with signature delivery. Went smoothly.

I haven't heard any horror stories about Swappa like I do of eBay. I've never sold on eBay though but I much rather sell with Swappa.

10. bostero macrumors newbie

Hey I want to buy a 6s/6s+ in mint condition :) (silver or gold) so if there is anyone interested send me a message !

11. mtcowdog macrumors regular

If I get an iPhone 7, likely but not certain, my iPhone 6 will be given to a niece. I think generosity to family and close friends is an important part of living a quality and meaningful life. Focusing on lowest absolute cost, regardless of everything else, seems a selfish waste to me.

12. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I'm selling my first born son, my left arm, about 6 pints of plasma and 1 liter of blood. I've already auctioned my cat, both of my cars, my dog is still up for grabs, and I pulled another mortgage on my house.

13. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

I have 2 iPhones on the IUP that Apple offers. If I can get 2 new phones under one hard credit pull, I'll do that. If not, I'll stick with the 6S's I have in order to get out from under the yearly hard pull.

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I bought my iPhone 6S Plus outright, as I do with all my tech purchases.

This will be there first year I _ don't _ upgrade, simply because iPhone 7 has "features" I dislike.

- Camera Lump Bump
    - No Headphone Jack
    - No Wireless Fast Charging
    - No Hi-Res Display

Preferring to go without a case the ugly Camera Lump Bump will prevent the phone from laying flat, a super annoyance. Not to mention how obscenely ugly it makes an otherwise sleek design. Instead of making it flush, Apple offers excuses. Deal breakers.

15. Rockbird86 macrumors regular

Rockbird86

So you're only getting the basic 7 then?

16. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I wish, that would require me and some of my family members to do involuntary labor (which is apparently illegal) so I'm stuck getting the iPhone SE 16 GB

17. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

don't count on an ios 10 jailbreak.... i mean i want it bad too but it's been over a month now and 9.3 is still semi-tethered...