Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Hello All,

I was given an Apple Store card for $200 for Father's day. I don't really need anything but I would like to buy either an Apple TV or an Airport Extreme Base Station. I would have to put in the difference but that's not a big deal. Which one would you get between the two? Or is there something else? I do have a wireless router in the house but it's a cheap Belkin I bought a couple of years ago. It does the job but quality could be better. Please share your thoughts.

ObsidianIce

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Seventh Circle of Hell
You're comparing an apple to a Ham sandwich. Totally different things. If you're not satisfied with the wireless quality you could get the Base station, but you could also buy another better base station than the one you have for less that the AEBS. The apple TV is getting better and surves up a fairly decent media experience. The Apple TV is way more fun that the AEBS. personally I'd go for the Apple TV, if you do movies and music...then get the AEBS later:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.