whats a good car mounting kit for iphone 3g to use with GPS/NAV apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 212rikanmofo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I have a g35 coupe and would like to know if theres any good all in one solution car mount kit for the iphone. One that charges the phone and everything. I would like one preferbably so that I can use NAVIGON with.

Can you guys recommend so good complete mounting kits for the car that will work well for this type of application?

2. mobhit101 macrumors newbie

I would really like to know this as well. A simple google search doesn't seem to produce as many results as I was hoping...

3. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Not entirely 'all in one', but this is what I'm using:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8331107&postcount=6

A regular charger w/o the FM transmitter might be better for you if you already have an aux input for the iphone. I think this about as close as you can get and it's really just about the same amount of stuff involved with a mount like the TomTom probably will be.

4. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have two items on the way from Amazon to solve this for me. I'll be posting feedback once everything shows up. I bought:

1. Kensington LiquidAux. It's the version that's just a cable (with a 1/8" line in via the iPod connector).
    2. Kensington Dash Car Mount. This is the "short arm" version that's more of a hard mount. I specifically did not buy the one with the 12" flexible arm as there were too many complaints of it vibrating and moving way too much.