iPad What's a good price to sell my iPad?

jayem1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I have a 3rd generation iPad 16GB with WiFi only and it's in great shape. I need to sell it because of medical bills, so it's unfortunate that I have to get rid of such a great product.

What would be a fair price to sell it for?

Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
If you're listing on Craigslist I'd recommend asking $380 and see where it goes from there....It is hard to pinpoint the value of the iPad 3 to the general public when it was passed on by Apple so quickly after launch.

chanman

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Arkansas, United States
the market price is $309. anything less that would pretty much be ripping you off since they are in very high demand. I personally recommend selling on www.glyde.com it is very easy, you chose your price, and you get ~90% of the profit. sites like gazelle, you just mail in the device, but you only get $200 for a mint condition 3rd gen. however, if you sell online, like to glyde, gazelle, etc. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE POWER CORD!!!. Glyde will only give you $121 vs $309 if you dont have the power cord. so if you dont have both the cord and the all outlet, it would be a wise decision to go buy a new official apple one for $29. I would not do ebay because there are alot of scammers out there for iPads. cragslist would be my next option. i would sell around $309 (market price)-$379 (how much apple charges for a refurb ipad 3rd gen). hope this helped;)

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Thanks to all...

I have a chance to sell it $325. Is that good?
With a refurbished model available for $379, I'd say sell. Sure you could hold out for a little more, but we're talking 20 bucks tops.

I just did something similar with my 4th gen iPod touch 32GB. Refurbs are $179, and I got an offer for $130 and took it.

Good luck!