Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTyler82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Whats a good thunderbolt to HDMI adapter? All the ones I've seen on Amazon, have gotten crappy reviews.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1824ZM/A/Moshi_Mini_DisplayPort_to_HDMI_Adapter

I think this is the one I was thinking of....guess its not apple

As long as there aren't known issues with the pin settings, I'd probably try monoprice over that Apple one as you can just grab a mini displayport to hdmi cable rather than a dongle. Apple's thunderbolt cables are incompatible with at least some non thunderbolt displays. I'm not sure you can get audio either way. Thunderbolt doesn't seem to be fully compliant with displayport 1.2 which supports audio. It might be supported in spite of this, but I thought that might be the reason for an hdmi port on the rMBP.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
You really should try to make titles of new threads more explanatory, unless you enjoy annoying the crap out of your fellow macrumors users.

JTyler82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Uh. Sorry. Didn't think about the title of my thread being annoying.

So anyways. What's the best route to hook up my HDTV to my MacBook. The port adapter or cord?

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
Uh. Sorry. Didn't think about the title of my thread being annoying.

So anyways. What's the best route to hook up my HDTV to my MacBook. The port adapter or cord?

I don't see why either would be a problem. If you need more length, obviously the adapter would be needed. If you don't need the length and want to carry less wires, get the cord.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.