What's a guy to do with the free time? Guess I'll call the Fedex Nashville, TN Hub...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bignified, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Bignified macrumors newbie

...and recite this little ditty (in a strikingly familiar rendition if i say so myself) verbatim to the first live party I could get on the phone.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have any money left after this purchase. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my iPad go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

2. mariocapo macrumors member

Lmao

This is, hands down, the best/most entertaining "waiting for iPad" thread on this forum. Liam Neeson FTW! Literally laughed out loud.:D

I think I'll do the same, only with the Ontario, California FedEx hub.

3. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

4. protobiont macrumors 6502a

And then sit back and wait for the FBI to show up at your door.

5. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

Awesome Movie!!! It's from "Taken" for those who haven't figured it out by now. I have it memorized for my daughter's future first date ;) It's tied for first place with the Bad Boys II date scene, I can't decide which one to do...LOL.

6. MGTR420 macrumors regular

7. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I thought clicking on this thread would be pointless. Turns out was funny. :)

8. falcora macrumors 6502

If you left off the 'I Will kill you' part at the end, you could probably get away with it and not get into any trouble. With any luck the operator would get the joke and have a laugh with you.

9. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

This is the funniest thing I've heard in a couple of days. I cant stop laughing.

10. marksweb macrumors member

11. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

Haha!! As an almost-lawyer, I'd advise a client against such veiled threats, even ones that are joking, as the FBI really has no sense of humor. Therefore, I fixed it for you free of charge. :)

12. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Yeah... lighten up.

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

It's funny, even if the guy does it for real. But I'd find it funny because he'd probably make news when he got arrested ;) (hey it's not me and it's news of some one doing something kinda stupid). I'm not sure he'd find it so funny getting arrested.

Seriously, I wouldn't actually do the "I will kill you" (and really even the "I will look for you, I will find you" part cause that still could be viewed as a threat) part IRL because yeah, that could get the police or FBI at your door. On the other hand, leave it out, you may get lucky and get some one who gets the quote and laughs. Or at least has a story of the "crazy customer he got on the phone today."

14. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

LOL, that would certainly be good for a giggle!

15. monkeylui macrumors 6502

Well ask them for mine too. I'd rather you take the fall though.

16. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

There is a killjoy in every group! ;) You just had to remind them of the consequences. :D

17. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

18. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

This was great. I can just imagine the bewildered FedEx employee on the other end of the call...

Well played OP

19. Bignified thread starter macrumors newbie