Whats a Relistic Battery Life on the Macbook 2.4 unibody?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kp98072, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kp98072 macrumors member

hi everyone can you let me know what kind of battery life youve seen on the MB unibody 2.4? This is with wireless on, and net browsing and emails etc. thanks!!

2. dextermorgan macrumors member

4 hours with room to spare.

3. kp98072 thread starter macrumors member

Whats the Real Life Battery Difference (life) on the MB Vs 15" PRO Unibody

trying to get a good idea here of what the real world differences are in battery life between the MB (2.4) unibody and MBP 15" unibody. I know on my Pro i get about 3 hours. My assumptions are:
    --wireless
    --web browsing
    --email

thanks!!!!!!

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

yup, 4-5 hours. Meets Apple's statement pretty consistently, for me anyway.

5. raremage macrumors 6502a

I get 4 to 4.5 hours on my MB2.4
    This replaced a one year old MBP 2.5 (not unibody of course), which used to get ~3 hours of battery life (on a replaced battery that was around 4 months old)

6. raremage macrumors 6502a

That's pretty much what i am seeing, at least 4 hours, probably closer to 4.5 hours.

7. nabechu macrumors 6502

8. pakyooh macrumors 6502

pakyooh

are all your times based on constant fiddling/using the mb? turned on with apps running?

9. waiwai macrumors regular

well i havent tested just net browsing/emails... but i had itunes/cs3/lr on and it lasted me a good 2.5 hours. keep in mind cs3 and lr are CPU intensive appz and I was doing some hardcore post work (running filters and such). its pretty impressive. they are loads better than previous generation batteries thats for sure...

i used to have MBP 2006 version and it only lasted an hour under the same circumstances... it was pathetic... :p

10. jtibbitt macrumors regular

jtibbitt

When I first received my computer about a week ago, the battery only seemed to last about 2 hours. Now after use and recharge a few times, it does much better and is more like what you see posted here (4-5 hours).

11. reeveah macrumors member

MacBook Unibody 2.4Ghz

Hi,

With only one safari browser on and adium on without itunes or whatsoever, my macbook uni 2.4ghz lasted only 4hrs with all the power saving tips done.

moreover, anyone knows whats going on? My battery time indictor deviates from 5hr - 4hr to 2hr to 3hr and kept going up and down inconsistently... And despite this I still managed to get 4hrs.

its only 5days old with Full Charge Capacity - 4277 and Cycle Count -7