What's all the rage with the Anti-Glare Displays?

Jaykee

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
England
Hello, I'm a new Mac User, and I'm just quite skeptical on why everyone loves the anti-glare displays, I have the standard 1440x900 display, and I have no glare whatsoever and the colours are very nice + the picture is very crisp, so other than the higher resolution, what exactly would justify the extra $100 for the anti-glare?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello, I'm a new Mac User, and I'm just quite skeptical on why everyone loves the anti-glare displays, I have the standard 1440x900 display, and I have no glare whatsoever and the colours are very nice + the picture is very crisp, so other than the higher resolution, what exactly would justify the extra $100 for the anti-glare?
This topic has been beaten to death in hundreds of threads over the years. The fact is that this is a matter of personal preference. Some prefer the glossy display; some prefer anti-glare. I prefer not to look at my reflection in a screen when I'd rather see what's on the display. I would never buy a glossy display unless it was the only thing available and then I'd immediately want an anti-glare filter on it. YMMV

Comment

Jaykee

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
England
This topic has been beaten to death in hundreds of threads over the years. The fact is that this is a matter of personal preference. Some prefer the glossy display; some prefer anti-glare. I prefer not to look at my reflection in a screen when I'd rather see what's on the display. I would never buy a glossy display unless it was the only thing available and then I'd immediately want an anti-glare filter on it. YMMV
Ah, apologies then, but in all honesty, I can't see any kind of....reflection at all, it's weird, suppose though like you say it is personal opinion ^^

Comment

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
It depends on the lighting conditions in your room of course.

Apple stores are not the best play to view them for that reason. I had a 2009 13" MBP and got a RMBP and the screen in the RMBP is not as 'shiny' but again if I sit with the sun behind me it will be (But then you shouldn't have a light directly shining on a screen not matter what it is.)

Comment

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
if it doesn't bother you, then it's worth $0. Simple.

Rage? what rage, Rage is Gangham Style, rage is iPhone5 ScratchGate.

Glossy vs Matte as old as Coke vs Pepsi.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.