What's apple store stock look like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FiremanMike, Oct 3, 2012.

1. FiremanMike macrumors regular

I was one of the original verizon iphone upgrades, which means I'm still not due for my upgrade for 4 more days. I've popped in my local verizon store and they say "no verizon stores will have them in stock until the end of the month at least", and long shipping date posts on these forums tend to confirm that statement.

I have read some articles online related to the 4 and 4s releases that apple stores get shipments daily, and something about calling after 9pm and making reservations (again, for the 4/4s releases). Is this true with the 5 release? Are they getting iPhones daily? Will I be able to get an iphone this week or next?

2. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as you...got the iPhone 4 on release day in January 2010 for verizon.

Anyway, your best bet would be to go apple.com/retail around 10pm each night. Apple refreshes their database to show available in store stock from 10 pm to 4 am nightly. If a phone is available, you can purchase and pick up at the store the next day. This bypasses the whole wait 3-4 weeks shipping thing...if your store has stock.

3. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

Yes that is true I was in the same boat as you so I stopped by my local radio shack and they had some in stock I would try there also

4. Sean006 macrumors 6502

i walked into an apple store the day after launch day....plenty of stock at the local apple store....matter of fact only 20 people in line that day...not even 1.5 hours walked out with it..:)

5. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure I'm doing this right, when I "visit apple store" I don't really get any option that I can see to view available stock. Am I simply buying with in store pickup through the apple store online?

When I clicked on it just now, the message said "available to ship in 3-4 weeks", are you saying if I get in tonight at 10:00pm and do that, it will say "available for pickup tomorrow"?

6. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

Yes, but that's only if your store has inventory. Apple refreshes their inventory database nightly. They've been going fast though, within minutes.

7. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

We've been trying at 10pm local time every night since the "Apple Store Reservation" stuff went live and of the 5 Apple Stores in Phoenix valley, none of them have ever had a blk 32gb ATT available yet. Neither does Radio Shack, Best Buy, Target, or Wal-Mart.

Hubby's probably just going to order direct from Apple and get it in a month I guess.

Never again doing the Best (Worst) Buy preorder.

9. Alogwood macrumors newbie

With the online 10pm to 4am do they release everything

I wanted to know if the 10pm to 4 am release is only at 10. So if you don't get it at 10 is there any reason to keep trying until 4. Do they release anything after 10 or is it ten or nothing? I don't want to stay up all night refreshing to see if something shows up.

Thanks