What's best? Leaving your recharged MBP on the power cord or plug it out?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ulf1103, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Ulf1103 macrumors 6502

Hy, I was wondering what's best for the MBP if it's fully recharged?
    Leaving it on the power cord or plug it out (and recharged it twice a day)?

Any opinions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Use your computer how you want to. Batteries can be replaced and are not worth worrying about.

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

The batteries that apple uses in the MBPs have a life cycle charge count. So basically after so many full discharge and recharge cycles, the battery will go. I have left mine plugged in when power is near for years, with no noticeable effect on the life of the battery when unplugged.

That said, I don't recall how many charge / discharge cycles you can get from the battery, but the info is out there for each generation of MBP...and you can see how many is counted on your system by clicking the Apple icon in top left corner, then Clicking About This Mac, then clicking the More Info button on the window that comes up...look for the battery info in the left panel, then read through the info in the main window...

hope it helps

4. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

Leave it on the power cord and the power used will come straight from the outlet versus going through the battery and wearing the life down so when you really need battery away from an outlet it will be accessible