WHATS GOING ON? I wake up and my homescreen and lockscreen changed to someone's pic

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdaniel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. jdaniel, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

jdaniel macrumors 65816

I take a nap, I wake up my homescreen and lockscreen is changed to some guys picture???? with red words on top "hes never going to give you" I dont know and I dont think I even have that picture. WTH is going on?

2. jdaniel, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I change it back, I reboot, its there again, I am freaking out..... what on earth is going on. And there was a weird battery drain to under 20% in a few hours, never happened before. It was 70% when I took a nap.

3. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

yes I am. I want to know what has happened if anyone can tell me ! I am not even in the US... who on earth is hacking my phone. I have restored it... I have removed open ssh. I am going to install firewall ip before i do the actual restore from back up.

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Sounds like someone was rick rolling you as you likely didn't follow the strong advice to change your root password immediately after jailbreaking.

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

if i didnt have open ssh that wouldnt have happened right? Well I am going to change it right now. *sigh*

7. flipster macrumors 6502a

8. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I didnt do any save screens or anything like that.. I was HORRIFIED, who would have thunk... I did one restore....then I am doing another now... just in case.... only diff now is I changed the password before I installed any packages.....before that I installed some packages then I changed the password but to be safe.... I am re-doing it.. not going to take a chance again.

I am thinking its a program than a person, because I am on a home network with a router...who would even know my ip address....so I dont think its possible that way.... must have be something I downloaded or something....

but I am installing firewall ip

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Who knows what else the person did. Might want to restore.

10. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Yup. This is one of the dangers of jailbreaking devices. It sounds like a cool thing to do, but if you don't know what you're doing and neglect to properly secure your device afterwards you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of nefarious hactivity...

RTP.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You got rick rolled. :p

Change your root password to something that isn't easy to figure out (basically anything but alpine) and you're good.

12. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah the battery drain and the picture that wont go away I basically figured something happened... as I posted the first message I restored the phone.. then I did it again as I described earlier so I would get it just right.

As precaution I changed the passwd and mobile password whatever that is for cydia.

I removed open ssh

ifile

installed firewall IP

I had changed my password before but I frequently restore(testing applications etc) and I didnt do it this time. Nor have I really ever done it right at the start.

What else can I do to prevent this from happening?

THANKS !!!!!

13. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Wow, I'm glad I stopped jailbreaking :eek: I always knew the iPhone is exposed and vulnerable when jailbreaking, but to me, that was always just a small risk that was ignored. After seeing that article though.... smh

14. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

small problem hehe fixed it :) properly with a full restore.. change of pwd before installing anything and I think should be safe now.