What's happening!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicknicknickh, Sep 28, 2012.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

So when I use Siri on wifi I've noticed it works great the first few times. Then like the fourth time it takes forever and i get a series of dots in a circle next to the wifi signal. I'll attach a picture. This happens sometimes even when I get closure to the router and get better signal. Go figure huh?

Attached Files:

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

The icon you're describing is what's shown when the phone is doing something over it's network connection (downloading/uploading some data). Your phone is likely communicating with Apple's servers about something.

I imagine Siri is slowing down as a result of the couple million new iPhones that are now out in the world with Siri access. Mine has been slow as well, but it'll pick up again. Same thing happened with the 4S launch.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Do a test next time it occurs. As soon as you get this Siri stall out, quickly open up Safari and visit a website you haven't been too recently. This should help you rule out random ISP problems.

I've had this sort of random problem (not with Siri but other apps). Sometimes I have to flush the DNS cache from computer.

4. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I don't recall exact instructions from a Mac. From Windows open the command prompt. From Win 7 type in Cmd in the search box in start menu and then hit enter. In Win XP choose "run" from start menu and type in Cmd.

Once command prompt is open type the following without the quotations; "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter.

I'm not saying this will correct the issue, as it may be entirely on Apple's end. I would also completely shut off iPhone and back on if you haven't already just to rule out a glitchy OS process.