Whats my 13" MBA worth Mid 2011 i7 1.8ghz 4GB RAM 256 SSD incase i pickup the MBR

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vanimal, Apr 9, 2015.

1. vanimal, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

vanimal macrumors 6502a

I had EVERY intention of getting the new MBR last week. I accidentally stumbled across a MBA 2011 maxed out i7 1.8ghz, 4GB RAM, 256SSD 13"in GOOD condition. Guy was asking $600 locally at a small computer shop and i said $500 cash and i walked out with it.

It only has 120 battery cycles roughly. GOOD physical condition. No scratches on the screen or anything. I figure i could at least get my money back if i did happen to pull the trigger on the new 2015 MBR. But after checking eBay i just seen a 11" similar specs go for $650 with 40 plus bids. Which kind of WOW'd me.

What is a fair price to ask for it if i happen to pick up a MBR "by accident" tomorrow.? Im trying my hardest to stay away from the Apple store. After using this MBA for a day its been a treat. Fairly light, battery life still shows 91% health being a mid 2011. And i am not sure i can justify the extra $800 i would have to come out of pocket for the newly designed MBR. Sure its beautiful but i dunno. Once the screen is calibrated on the MBA its MUCH MUCH better.

Whats a fair price to ask with of course some wiggle room. I know bare minimum i should get my $500 back, no?

2. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

If your going from a 2011 13 inch air then just solely based on benchmarks it isn't an upgrade roughly equal less ports downgrade and it can't do high task for long periods with out throttling you gain more battery and better screen is it really worth it

But to answer your question you should get $700 on eBay no problem but remember there's a 10% cut from eBay and another 3% cut from PayPal so actual value you will get back around $600