What's my best bet: Buy online now (recieve Juy 14) or buy in store July 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k.na, Jun 24, 2010.

1. k.na macrumors member

k.na

I missed the preorder/reservation time because my bill was overdue. I tried waiting in line at the Apple store by me today but gave up because I had to go to work.

I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday (and I'm sure most stores will be out of stock soon anway) and won't be returning until July 5th.

Now my question is, I know I can get my phone by July 14th if I order online now, but what would you say the likelihood is of me being able to go to the store on July 5th and be able to get one? Do you think stores will have received additional inventory by then?

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Preorder it and then cancel it on July 5th if your store has any in stock.

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

go to the apple store after 6 that is when they release the preorders that haven't been claimed yet

4. k.na thread starter macrumors member

k.na

Will I definitely be able to cancel it?

Also, I know some iPhones are set to ship on July 2nd (for people who purchased online). Does that mean stores should expect new inventory then too?

amann76- Thanks for that tip. I think I'll try my luck at the store near my work tonight (NYC, 14th st).

5. k.na thread starter macrumors member

k.na

6. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

my question as well... can you cancel your preorder if you get one before it is shipped ?