whats my best/simplest way of installing windows on my MBP for just 1 program?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by maf2k8, Oct 20, 2011.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

ok i have a a 2011 MBP with a 256gb SSD. I use just 1 program that ONLY runs on windows. Its a older piece of software that just controls my preamp processor for my guitar rig.

The piece of software is dated and no longer supported which is why there is no mac version. Its about 10mb in size and requires pretty much no resources to run since its so old and cheap.

What would be my easiest, simplest way to install windows? I won't need windows for ANYTHING else but this one program.

Any help would be great thanks!

2. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

Id give virtual box a whirl, is free doesn't need any partition created as bootcamp would and can be removed again in no time.

Combine it with a copy of XP rather than Windows 7 and you shouldn't need to give it a great deal of hard disk space.

Tell virtual box to create a dynamic virtual drive for the install (max size say 8 gig or so) and assign the virtual machine 1 or 2 gig of ram and you'll probably see actual space used weighing in around 3 or 4 gig.